ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa duration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goldenstarnice
India

schengen visa duration

Post by goldenstarnice » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 pm

My parents applied for schengen visa and attached the travels to europe countries with the tickets on Aug and Dec time. But they issued visa for two months only with the duration of 15 days multiple visa. I am wondering they applied thru agency on a fixed price, did agency reduced the visa period to pay less money or the French Embassy they always do like this. Even if they cancel the tickets they will not get any refund for the tickets and hotel booking may get some. They had a plan Paris on Aug and Italy on Dec time. So they never bother about issue Italy only.

can someone advise on this please and share your experience please.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: schengen visa duration

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:01 pm

goldenstarnice wrote:My parents applied for schengen visa and attached the travels to europe countries with the tickets on Aug and Dec time. But they issued visa for two months only with the duration of 15 days multiple visa. I am wondering they applied thru agency on a fixed price, did agency reduced the visa period to pay less money or the French Embassy they always do like this. Even if they cancel the tickets they will not get any refund for the tickets and hotel booking may get some. They had a plan Paris on Aug and Italy on Dec time. So they never bother about issue Italy only.

can someone advise on this please and share your experience please.
First time Schengens are normally (but not always) issued in accordance with the exact dates of the planned journey/holiday....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Re: schengen visa duration

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:24 pm

It's also rare for a first time Schengen visa to be issued for multiple visits.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.