ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit for British Child

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cloudy_9
Newly Registered

Child Benefit for British Child

Post by Cloudy_9 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi,

I have just been granted Leave to Remain as Parent of British Child and I'm just seeking some clarification as regards claiming Child Benefit for my little one. Father is British but has gone to oz. So there's no way he can claim for the child. And the child lives with me. My permit states No PUBLIC FUNDS, which I really don't mind. But I have been informed by a friend that I am able to claim Child Benefit. I have also looked at the Public Funds guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2_0EXT.pdf, and page 17 seems to say I am able to claim CB. Could anyone please shed some light on this as I do not want to risk future applications because of this.

Thanks in advance for any response.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Child Benefit for British Child

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:59 am

Your local Citizen Advice Buraeu (CAB office) They will outline all your entitlements

maylia88
Newly Registered

Post by maylia88 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:42 pm

I wanted to ask the same question for my friend too. Same situation she has a visa stating no resources to public fund.
She already claimed child benefit and got it. Now she is claiming child tax credit as well but she is not sure if she is entitled to it as her visa states so.. The child is British national now.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:27 pm

maylia88 wrote:I wanted to ask the same question for my friend too. Same situation she has a visa stating no resources to public fund.
She already claimed child benefit and got it. Now she is claiming child tax credit as well but she is not sure if she is entitled to it as her visa states so.. The child is British national now.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Is she married to a Brit or with ILR?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

maylia88
Newly Registered

Post by maylia88 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Wanderer wrote:
maylia88 wrote:I wanted to ask the same question for my friend too. Same situation she has a visa stating no resources to public fund.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Is she married to a Brit or with ILR?
Nope the father of the child is British hence the child is British now. She only has a 2.5 years visa as the mum of the child. They don't live with the dad anymore.