ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Visa

Post by Chisomekwu » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Hello,

PLEASE I HAVE A QUESTION!

I applied for my visa extension having been granted visa on a 5 year route in 2012. My application for extension was made on the 22-06-2015 and it was received via special delivery by the home office in Durham on 24-06-2015.
I had my biometrics done on the 08-07-2015 just the same day I received the biometric bar coded letter. The problem I am having now is that my wife is due to travel on the 08-08-2015 for seminar and she is insisting on contacting the home office to have her travel document returned back. I was wondering if this could have any effect on the application if we write them to return her travel document.

I was told on the biometrics letter they sent me that it takes 8 weeks from the day the application was received to make decision.

PLEASE ANY USEFUL ADVICE ON THIS WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Thanks

Peter.........

Casa

Re: Travel Documents

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Your wife can request the return of her travel documents without it affecting your application. Here's the link to the online request form. She should obviously choose 'Sponsor' and then the visa category applied for. They advise that it will take 10 days.
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Re: Travel Documents

Post by Chisomekwu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks. I will forward this link to her.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Visa

Post by Chisomekwu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:24 am

Hi,

I am wondering if I could still be working until my application is decided by the home office. I have just re-applied for extension having been initially granted first 30 months on a 5 year route (Spouse of a British citizen). I have just finished my contract and I am looking to get another job on contract but the problem is that home office is yet to make decision on my application. I have done the biometrics yesterday 08-7-2015 and I have had phone calls from recruitment agencies for job offers which I have declined due to my visa status :cry: .

Any suggestion on this?

PrestonLancs

Re: Visa

Post by PrestonLancs » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Does your visa status stop you from work?

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:53 pm

@PrestonLancs thanks for your reply.

It was granted on a 5 year route renewable every 2.5 years. Currently, the first 2.5 years expired on 24th June 2015 and i have already made application for renewal for another 2.5 years. I have been working with it but you know these recruitment agencies, they might want to see my visa and I don't have it yet since no decision has been made on my application.

I was wondering since the home office is yet to make decision on my application, am i free to take up new job offers or do i wait till they make decision on my application. I need to be sure before talking to the recruitment agencies

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:08 pm

You are free to take up job offers as your legal status remains the same while you're waiting for a decision. The snag is that employers are often wary of employing anyone without confirmation of their legal right to work. There is an employers helpline where they can check, but I understand it's not always 100% reliable.
Here's the link;
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Post by Chisomekwu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:27 pm

@Casa thanks for your reply. I know that is the case as employers and recruitment agencies are always wary of employees in a situation like mine.
There is no harm in trying. I will give it a go and hope it clicks

Thanks for your replies @PrestonLancs and @Casa

Chisomekwu
Mood:

2.5 yrs visa extension (5 yr route)

Post by Chisomekwu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi all,

Just to share the good news!

I have just been granted extension of 2.5 yrs (5 yr route)

My time line is as follows

First 2.5 yrs expired on the 24-06-2015
Application handed in at Royal Mail special delivery 22-06-2014
Application delivered in HO Durham on the 24-06-2015
No acknowledgment letter sent to me by the HO :(
Biometrics letter received on 08-07-2015
Biometrics done same day
Waiting game continues...... :roll: :roll:
Same parcel I sent to the HO was delivered to me on 30-07-2015 :shock:
Parcel opened and good news delivered : :mrgreen:
Application time line= 1month & 6 days

Thanks all for your advice. Now I can go back to work.

Be steadfast, all those expecting theirs, it will arrive soon as long as it is a straight forward application :mrgreen: