ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hsmp - rejected - previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

satishsb
Newly Registered

Hsmp - rejected - previous earnings

Post by satishsb » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi,

I have got rejection from hsmp recently. I have submitted full 12 months pay slips for periods may 2006 - april2007 along with my p60 which only covers until march2007. So I have submitted the bank statement for the month of april 2007. I did that as I read from the guidance notes and just wanted to keep the application simple.

"If the tax year does
not cover the full period claimed other
corroborating evidence is required for the
period(s) not covered."

The rejection point was

1. p60 and payslips doesnt corroborate because they cover different periods

2. your supplied bank statement accounts only £4500 which is less than the UK threshold for 12 months.

This is absolutely rediculous...Just for one month..how can they reject the case. However my p60 clear shows the salary > £26000.

I do have all my bank statements if they want..but I have to reapply to do so. This is rip off.

Do you think...I can apply for a review? Will it stand? My friend was saying...reappeals might take more time like 3months instead I can re apply. can any one suggest?

Thanks
Satish

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:10 pm

hi, sorry mate you have to reply and submit all 12 months bank statement to support your claim.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Hsmp - rejected - previous earnings

Post by pantaiema » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:58 pm

satishsb

I am sorry to hear your rejection. Your application should not be rejected if U learn from people experience in this forum.

It is clear in the guideliner, if your ITR P60 does not cover the period claimed (most of the people will falll in this category), U need to tick exceptionla circumstance and supply additional evidence which is bank statement and letter from Employer.

satishsb wrote:Hi,

I have got rejection from hsmp recently. I have submitted full 12 months pay slips for periods may 2006 - april2007 along with my p60 which only covers until march2007. So I have submitted the bank statement for the month of april 2007. I did that as I read from the guidance notes and just wanted to keep the application simple.

"If the tax year does
period(s) not covered."

The rejection point was

2. your supplied bank statement accounts only £4500 which is less than the UK threshold for 12 months.

This is absolutely rediculous...Just for one month..how can they reject the case. However my p60 clear shows the salary > £26000.

I do have all my bank statements if they want..but I have to reapply to do so. This is rip off.

Do you think...I can apply for a review? Will it stand? My friend was saying...reappeals might take more time like 3months instead I can re apply. can any one suggest?

Thanks
Satish
Pantaiema

hsmphsmp

Re: Hsmp - rejected - previous earnings

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:13 am

[quote="satishsb"]Hi,

"If the tax year does
[b]period(s) not covered[/b]."

The rejection point was

Thanks
Satish[/quote]

Hi Satish,
Sorry to hear about the refusal...

As per guidance note what you said is correct
"If the tax year does
period(s) not covered."

But it also says....
"you will need to provide two pieces of evidence to support the earnings for which you are claiming points. The two pieces of evidence provided must be consistent with, and corroborate, each other for the full period claimed."

What they all need is two documents out of the 4 (ITR, sal slip, bank stmt & letter from emp) which matches month by month the gross sal or net paid amounts. Or atleast the cumulative net paid amounts in sal slip to match with bank statements. They just look for numbers to match for the whole earning period. If your ITR covers for a period for which you are not claiming earning points and if it has only annual figures (no monthly breakup) then the CW cannot macth your gross/net amounts in your salary slip.

I know 400 pounds is hefty amount. I guess atleast they should consider accepting addtional documents during review process for same appl. though the earnings amount based on which points are awarded varies from country to country (4 diff country codes A,B,C,D) the HSMP fee is same for all. Looks bit odd from the applicant side.

makon

Post by makon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:46 am

I have just renewed my hsmp and my case is exactly like yours. To help you, please provide the following information:

1) Did you tick the box against: Income Tax Return covering period claimed for:

2) Did you complete the exceptional circumstances box?

3) Did you provide letter from your employer confirming your actual gross salary for period claimed?

4) On your bank statement, was your employers name mentioned as the source of your salary deposits?

I will wait for your reply on the above before offering advice

best wishes

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:41 pm

It seem that U have learnt from previous mistakes. I believe if U address the issue that U have reaised U will be awarded point in earning.

Donot forget you wage slip to comply with the guidance as well

makon wrote:I have just renewed my hsmp and my case is exactly like yours. To help you, please provide the following information:

1) Did you tick the box against: Income Tax Return covering period claimed for:

2) Did you complete the exceptional circumstances box?

3) Did you provide letter from your employer confirming your actual gross salary for period claimed?

4) On your bank statement, was your employers name mentioned as the source of your salary deposits?

I will wait for your reply on the above before offering advice

best wishes
Pantaiema

satishsb
Newly Registered

Post by satishsb » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:16 pm

Hello all,

Thanks for the replies. Thats useful suggestion instead of wasting my time on appealing.

please advice me on this

1. I have all original 12 months statements except for december and january which got lost when I moved house. But I got them resent from the bank. Now, these two months statements show my salary credit as some reference number instead of my employers name unlike the other statements. Will this be a problem? Do I have to expalin anything instead of HSMP ppl rejecting once again :)

2. If it is a serious problem I can try requesting my employer for a letter, although I would do it as a last option. Because I'm on company sponsored work permit and they would dig and feel bad why I want to switch now.

This forum rocks....I should have looked at this before I started to apply. Very kind of you ppl.

Thanks
Satish

satishsb
Newly Registered

Post by satishsb » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:23 pm

actually thought I could add this.

Since we can supply evidence for the past 15 months. can I do like this?

My actual claim is september 2006 - augst 2007 (12 months)

to avoid the december and january statements can I add july and augst 2006 statements as it is still in last 15 months?

ie. july2006 - november2006 (5 months)+ feb 2007 - aug2007(7months)

I know..it sounds complex and crazy. any ideas?

Thanks
Satish

garychopper
Newly Registered

Post by garychopper » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:58 pm

hello

continuing with the same topic of earnings,
i am from india and i plan to apply for HSMP at the end of december/coming january, the reason, i would be able to claim sufficient points as part of my income proof.
however,as proof of income, i will only be providing letter from the employer showing gross salary and tax deducted as well as corresponding statements from the bank, I will not be supplying IT returns as part of my claim period as i will only be filing my IT return at the end of march next year. and my previous IT returns does not earn me substantial points as I was abroad and not earning.
will that be a sufficient proof for the income claimed. or otherwise i have to wait until the end of march next year before filing my It return and then my HSMP. and i am afraid of the changing rules in that period.
thanks in advance for any suggestions.

best,

G

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:08 pm

[quote="garychopper"]hello

i am from india and i plan to apply for HSMP at the end of december/coming january, the reason, i would be able to claim sufficient points as part of my income proof.
however,as proof of income, i will only be providing letter from the employer showing gross salary and tax deducted as well as corresponding statements from the bank, I will not be supplying IT returns as part of my claim period as i will only be filing my IT return at the end of march next year. and my previous IT returns does not earn me substantial points as I was abroad and not earning.
will that be a sufficient proof for the income claimed. or otherwise i have to wait until the end of march next year before filing my It return and then my HSMP. and i am afraid of the changing rules in that period.

best,

G[/quote][img]

Hi GaryChopper,
You need to submit the ITR for whatever period it overlaps no matter whether it matches or not matches your payslips. Also you should request for exceptional consideration and submit bank stmts or letter from emp with wage slips. The ITR is very much needed even if it covers one month unless you have extraodinary resoans for not submitting it. Tell clearey in cover letter not to use ITR to match the gross earnins. Instead ask them to use bank stmts or letter from emp with wage slip to corroborate the evidence.
[/img]

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:53 pm

Gary
U need to learn from other people mistakes from other people which have gone into process in this forum.

U could actually see that there are a lot of people with stronger case that u r currently propose got rejected. The good example is the current thread. COmpare your case and "satishsb" and draw conclusion U will get the answer ? THis will celarly answer your question.

garychopper wrote:hello

best,

G
Pantaiema

hmittal
Newly Registered

Pls help

Post by hmittal » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:26 pm

This is regarding pay slips.
My employer has a policy of not signing the pay slips.Whats the alternative for that.
So can I try and get the salary slips printed on company head paper.
Will that work, Please help?

Regards
HM

chicku

Post by chicku » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:02 am

satishsb wrote:actually thought I could add this.

Since we can supply evidence for the past 15 months. can I do like this?

My actual claim is september 2006 - augst 2007 (12 months)

to avoid the december and january statements can I add july and augst 2006 statements as it is still in last 15 months?

ie. july2006 - november2006 (5 months)+ feb 2007 - aug2007(7months)

I know..it sounds complex and crazy. any ideas?

Thanks
Satish
The 12 months need to be continous

adeelhayat
Newly Registered

Tax letter from employer ..

Post by adeelhayat » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:24 am

Hi .. i recevied letter from employer ..
indicated tax deduction from ..
july 2006 to sep 2007 ..

is this alright or i should get letter for only year .. ???

hsmpapp

Urgent help regarding previous earnings

Post by hsmpapp » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi,
I am looking to apply for HSMP early next week. I am going to submit following docs:

1) Age proof: Driving License
2) Previous earnings:
a) Stamped and signed salary slips ( Sep,06 to Aug,07)
b) ITR1 Acknowledgement
c) bank statements(Sep,06 to Aug,07) since ITR1 doesnt cover period claimed by me.

3) Engilsh : Letter from education institute
4) Degree: Original Bachelor degree

I have a confusion regarding salry slips and bank statements. The payment date shown in slary slip is 28th of every month whereas bank statements shows the salary transactions on 27th or few times 29th . The reason is that i get salary on last friday of every month. But company always take 28th as payment date. Since few months had 28th as sat or sunday. So they transfer salary on 27th or 26th.

Will this create problem in approval or not? If yes, what else proof can i attach to support this ? Regarding letter from employer, i may not get it since i need to give valied reason to finance dept to obtain it and i dont ant to disclose HSMP issue..

Please help me urgently.

Regards,
Hsmpapp