ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HR assistant as a professional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nk148
Newly Registered

HR assistant as a professional referee

Post by nk148 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi,

Is a qualified HR assistant acceptable as personnel officer in the category "Director/Manager/Personnel
Officer of a VAT registered Company" ?

Any resopnses from previous experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

noajthan

Re: HR assistant as a professional referee

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:30 pm

nk148 wrote:Hi,

Is a qualified HR assistant acceptable as personnel officer in the category "Director/Manager/Personnel
Officer of a VAT registered Company" ?

Any resopnses from previous experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
No experience of HR assistants but if HO do not find a referee acceptable they will write & ask you to nominate another person.
It probably depends how they represent themselves on your application form.

No offence but, at face value, HR assistant does not sound 'senior' enough.

If over 25 years old & British they could ofcourse act as the second referee.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nk148
Newly Registered

Re: HR assistant as a professional referee

Post by nk148 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 pm

Thanks for your response.
I am thinking to ask a senior HR assistant from my previous job (because of the 3 years requirement). That's her job title in the company but she actually have more responsibilites (e.g. recruiting personnel etc..) than a normal assistant. I think I'll just ask her to put "personnel officer" as the job.
Alternatively, would any project manager or line manager be adequate? This category "Manager/Personnel officer" is so vague and open to interpretations, I just want to know how people used it when they applied.

nk148
Newly Registered

Manager as a referee

Post by nk148 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:20 am

Hi All,

Would a line manager in a big IT company (job title: software development manager) be qualified as a professional referee under "Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company" ?
Is this category applicable only to senior managers or can include managers at lower levels?
Does the referee needs to have "management qualifications" or is it enough to have the word "manager" in his/her job title?

I have seen similar questions asked before on this forum, but there seem to be conflicting answers. Can senior members or people who applied before shed some light on this?

Thanks,

boloney

Re: Manager as a referee

Post by boloney » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:10 pm

I had project manager to sign mine naturalization application and it was fine. I think if he is manager he is fine.