ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's reg, Health Vis/GP both said no to be referee.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tj2014uk
Newly Registered

Child's reg, Health Vis/GP both said no to be referee.

Post by tj2014uk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:36 am

My daughter is 16 months old now and after she was born we received our ILR. We need to register her as a British citizen (MN1 form Section 1(3)).

We approached both the health visitor and the GP and both of them said that the NHS Trust don't allow them to sign such forms anymore. Now I'm feeling frustrated that they were the only people who know the baby in "professional capacity". We also approached our local pharmacy and they also didn't agree to write down their DOB, passport number etc.

Now I don't see anyone who could be a professional referee as per HO's requirement. What options do I have?

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Child's reg, Health Vis/GP both said no to be referee.

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:55 pm

NHS not allowed to counter sign anymore. You ought to know someone that could sign. If you know a store manager of any limited company they can sign for you and its acceptable. Like Asda, Sainsbury's, pizza hut etc. Also accountants, solicitors or minister of a recognised religion can do it... Go through your contacts

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:32 pm

tj2014uk wrote:My daughter is 16 months old now and after she was born we received our ILR. We need to register her as a British citizen (MN1 form Section 1(3)).

We approached both the health visitor and the GP and both of them said that the NHS Trust don't allow them to sign such forms anymore. Now I'm feeling frustrated that they were the only people who know the baby in "professional capacity". We also approached our local pharmacy and they also didn't agree to write down their DOB, passport number etc.

Now I don't see anyone who could be a professional referee as per HO's requirement. What options do I have?
Professional persons do not actually have to disclose their DOB, passport, (or private address). Clearly they may not wish to do so.

They are permitted to write "Details on request".
(And for an address they can use their business or office address).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:08 pm

noajthan wrote:
tj2014uk wrote:My daughter is 16 months old now and after she was born we received our ILR. We need to register her as a British citizen (MN1 form Section 1(3)).

Professional persons do not actually have to disclose their DOB, passport, (or private address). Clearly they may not wish to do so.

(And for an address they can use their business or office address).
Wrong. You need a passport number of the counter signatory this is required in the form and hes got to be a BC basically you need everything they ask for in the application form.

tj2014uk
Newly Registered

Post by tj2014uk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:47 pm

njoy1987 wrote:NHS not allowed to counter sign anymore. You ought to know someone that could sign. If you know a store manager of any limited company they can sign for you and its acceptable. Like Asda, Sainsbury's, pizza hut etc. Also accountants, solicitors or minister of a recognised religion can do it... Go through your contacts
Our house is rented through letting agents and they visited us a few times since the child was born. Will it be OK if they agree to countersign it?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:50 pm

njoy1987 wrote:
noajthan wrote: Professional persons do not actually have to disclose their DOB, passport, (or private address). Clearly they may not wish to do so.

Wrong. You need a passport number of the counter signatory this is required in the form and hes got to be a BC basically you need everything they ask for in the application form.
Regarding respecting privacy of professional referees, which part of "do not have to disclose" is unclear - ref:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6_v5_0.pdf
- sections 6.3.7.9 & 6.3.7.10
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tj2014uk
Newly Registered

Post by tj2014uk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:06 pm

njoy1987 wrote:NHS not allowed to counter sign anymore. You ought to know someone that could sign. If you know a store manager of any limited company they can sign for you and its acceptable. Like Asda, Sainsbury's, pizza hut etc. Also accountants, solicitors or minister of a recognised religion can do it... Go through your contacts
I know people who are manager/director of ltd company/other professionals etc. But I fail to see how they can fit in the HO's requirement of knowing the child in "professional capacity".

They certainly can be the second referee but my original post was about the first referee.