ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vb3d

FLR(M) application

Post by Vb3d » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:58 am

Hi all,

I am going to apply for FLR(M) and it is 74 pages
Do I really need to print all the 74 pages, even though I am not going to fill all of them, and some of them are just checklists, instructions, definitions and blank pages.

Can I just fill the application form on PC and just print the ones that I write/change something on?

Thanks in advance

Chisomekwu
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) application

Post by Chisomekwu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:39 am

Unfortunately Yes..You have to print all of them.

Vb3d

How to answer this question on FLR(M)

Post by Vb3d » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:37 pm

It is question 8B Other information
    How to write an ideal answer for why my wife wants to renew her stay in the UK?
    I know she can just write she want to stay with her husband and child, but I am looking for a proper way to write this the make use of her right to stay on a human rights basis as her family is here.
    Or am I worried too much?
    Thank you in advance.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:57 am

Please keep your queries about FLR(M) in a single topic.
    Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Vb3d

Can we apply for FLR(M) rather than ILR?

Post by Vb3d » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:43 am

My wife is on second FLR(5 year) at the moment and as the next step should be ILR she needs new English language and life in UK requirements, things that she didn't pass.
    Can she apply for another FLR?
    If yes, if she passes these within the next FLR, can she apply for ILR before the FLR finishes?
    What if we left the UK, and came back say 1 year later, does she loose the right to apply for ILR?
    We have two british citizens children, can this helps her getting ILR?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:50 am

geriatrix wrote:Please keep your queries about FLR(M) in a single topic.
    This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:51 am

Vb3d wrote:My wife is on second FLR(5 year) at the moment and as the next step should be ILR she needs new English language and life in UK requirements, things that she didn't pass.
    Can she apply for another FLR?
    Yes.
    Vb3d wrote:If yes, if she passes these within the next FLR, can she apply for ILR before the FLR finishes?
    Yes.
    Vb3d wrote:What if we left the UK, and came back say 1 year later, does she loose the right to apply for ILR?
    See also Time outside UK.
    Vb3d wrote:We have two british citizens children, can this helps her getting ILR?
    Probably no. But they help her from being removed.
    This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:46 am

Thanks vinny, and sorry for starting a new topic.

Just to confirm, if she applies for another FLR and gets rejected (I don't see that happening by the way), they won't be able to remove her because of our kids?
    But if they don't remove her, what status can she get if not FLR or ILR?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:04 am

If she doesn't qualify for FLR(M) on the 5-year route, then they will probably put her on the ten year route.

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:49 pm

vinny wrote:If she doesn't qualify for FLR(M) on the 5-year route, then they will probably put her on the ten year route.
    If they put her on the 10year route, can she still apply for ILR within the extra 5years if she passed the tests, or she needs to finish the 10years first?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 pm

I think that she may switch to the five year route with FLR(M) again, if eligible, or may apply for ILR under Long residence after completing 10 years.

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Thank you vinny.