ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA and EEA marriage is breaking with 8 months old child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Didinga
Newly Registered

Non EEA and EEA marriage is breaking with 8 months old child

Post by Didinga » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:42 am

Hi , Please i would like someone to help me out as i am going through a difficult moment .
I am from a non EEA country and i got married to an EEA national in feb 2014 (Been married for 1 year and 6 months). We had a daughter same year in Nov and i received my RC in Jan this year. My marriage is at the point of breaking as i have involved Social services regarding my wife's insecurity and violent attitude. When ever i call the police or Social services regarding her violent action, the will lie and and there is no evident to prove it. She send me crazy messages on my phone. In a week time, we have to go for mediation to discus custody for my daughter.
PLEASE MY QUESTION IS:
After the divorce, will i be allowed to remain in the country?
What % custody should i agree on?
What is the best possible way to approach this situation as i love my daughter to bit and don't want to miss any part of her life.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Non EEA and EEA marriage is breaking with 8 months old c

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Have you got a divorce lawyer dealing with the child matters ?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Didinga
Newly Registered

Post by Didinga » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:38 am

Obie wrote:Have you got a divorce lawyer dealing with the child matters ?

Not yet @ Obie. We need to arrange for a mediation next week. I need to sort out custody before i can sign any divorce petition.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:41 am

Hopefully it will go well.

Didinga
Newly Registered

Post by Didinga » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:45 am

Obie wrote:Hopefully it will go well.

@ Obie what are the chances for me to stay in the UK and take care of my daughter. I work full time and my 'wife' is on maternity leave

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Hard to say at this point . Will depend on whether you can demonstrate domestic violence, or a favourable court order with respect to the child.

Didinga
Newly Registered

Post by Didinga » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Obie wrote:Hard to say at this point . Will depend on whether you can demonstrate domestic violence, or a favourable court order with respect to the child.
When ever i called the police to report her violent act, she will lie and the police will conclude there is no prove to back up my claim. Concerning my child i guess at this point we both share equal parental right because we are both in the birth certificate. Please what do you mean by a favourable court order? Does it mean they can tell me i don't need to have access to my own daughter?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Oh that is unfortunate. The police should investigate things thoroughly.

You may be able to retain your residence at the time of divorce ..

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:43 pm

I think you should buy a good smart phone/device which record voice and video. That you can use when she is in violence mood just to create evidence for your safe side. Aggression from the hands of women very rarely be listened but still it's occurrence possible depending on mental conditions, habit of excessive drunkuness, fear about unbright future, lack of romance & sex, religious & cultural barriers, family pressure, rebirth of old/new lover and many other factors. If you fall among one of above or its interlinking factors then maybe it's positive reversal may fix your family issues.
Try to record the incidence.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Didinga
Newly Registered

Post by Didinga » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:50 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:I think you should buy a good smart phone/device which record voice and video. That you can use when she is in violence mood just to create evidence for your safe side. Aggression from the hands of women very rarely be listened but still it's occurrence possible depending on mental conditions, habit of excessive drunkuness, fear about unbright future, lack of romance & sex, religious & cultural barriers, family pressure, rebirth of old/new lover and many other factors. If you fall among one of above or its interlinking factors then maybe it's positive reversal may fix your family issues.
Try to record the incidence.

@ UKBA HUNTER thank you so much. My wife drinks occasionally, I have some recorded video and messages. Can't really record when there is a violent situation going on. I have never showed the video evidence to the social services or the Police because i love my wife. I have tried for my relationship to work in all possible ways but i guess i might develope an illness if i continue living with her. I have a meeting with the social services next week and i will show them the video evident and the text messages and i will move out the house mid august because she can't stop talking even if i decide to keep quiet. I have not had sex with her so a long time because i enjoy sex when feelings in involved and you don't expect the feelings to be there when she argues and does crazy things all the time. I promised her we won't until we are fine. I pay all the bills and still look after my family in all aspects. She treats me like a child and not a husband. She always say if not of her i don't stay in this country, if not of her i don't have a child, if not of her i don't have a car, if not of her i don't have money but she forgot i only met her here and she didn't bring me from my country 'haha' . Its a difficult situation but still i am a positive person and live goes on
Thanks @ UKBA Hunter

Didinga
Newly Registered

Post by Didinga » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 pm

Obie wrote:Oh that is unfortunate. The police should investigate things thoroughly.

You may be able to retain your residence at the time of divorce ..

Thanks Boss Man @ Obie. I will keep you updated
I appreciate your help. God bless

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:30 am

I love UKBA HUNTER each comments which always bring and leave very good general information/advice/fact. Seems like he has vast experience and information of society and public.