ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can EEA national sponsor her Non-EEA monther in Law if......

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stonecold
Newly Registered

Can EEA national sponsor her Non-EEA monther in Law if......

Post by stonecold » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Please can anyone help me! I just want to understand the EEA law regarding this situation.

I am EEA national with PR status and my spouse is British (was previously dependant on me as a family member of EEA). Can I sponsor my mother in Law (my spouse's mother) under EEA Law if she is dependent on both of us.

I am just confused with McCarthy ruling as if you are EEA and British then you are British. But, I am sponsoring to my direct family member who are non-eea but her son is British and spouse of an EEA national. That's really confusing me.

PrestonLancs

Re: Can EEA national sponsor her Non-EEA monther in Law if..

Post by PrestonLancs » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Give it a shot, and find out the result.

Casa

Re: Can EEA national sponsor her Non-EEA monther in Law if..

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:38 pm

It doesn't help to open multiple threads, especially when you've already had replies to your questions there. As PrestonLancs hasn't offered any useful advice in this one, please continue here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1207018
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.