ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will PND need to be declared

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ilrtobc0203
Newly Registered

Will PND need to be declared

Post by Ilrtobc0203 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi,

Please can you help me with my below queries.

I was given a Police Notice for Disorder (PND) of £90 on 27 July 2014, which I paid on time.
I got my ILR on 14 July 2014 and as of today I am eligible to apply for Naturalisation.

My question is:
1. Should I declare in the AN form that I got a PND? Yes or no?
2. If Yes, in which section should I declare PND?
3. Will this PND affect my Naturalisation application in any way?

Thanks much and I really apprieciate your time and advise in advance

Gomjaba

Re: Will PND need to be declared

Post by Gomjaba » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:20 am

If the fine is paid then you won't have a record. But PNDs are on the police computer (PNC) which a record can be referred to. Not sure about the exact wording on the AN form but I think the bottom line is, there is a record about it somewhere and the form says they can access other agencies. If the don't check PNC, you should be fine. If they do and you haven't declared it, then it might go against you.

Tricky. Personally I'd declare it but maybe someone here has actual experience with PNDs.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:33 am

Not all PNDs are on PNC - It depends on the offence [if it is recordable or not]. As such, it is not admission of guilt nor does it constitute criminal offence. Acceptance and payment of a PND discharges all liability for that offence.

If I were you, I'd go for ACRO - Police Records Subject Access - I think it costs £10 and takes about couple of weeks.

All the best
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Ilrtobc0203
Newly Registered

Post by Ilrtobc0203 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It would be great if someone with PND share their experience OR any of the senior members please help me out. Thanks.

Ilrtobc0203
Newly Registered

Post by Ilrtobc0203 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Senior members please provide guidance about my query

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Ilrtobc0203 wrote:Senior members please provide guidance about my query
What guidance would you like? Spend £10 and find out if you are on PNC or not. Regardless, you are welcome to mention it on the form should you wish as an additional information. You have not provided any info on what the caution was for and as such it is hard for anyone to be more specific on the advice.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...