ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child & Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Child & Naturalisation

Post by Ashytos » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello,

we got our ILR in Dec 2013 and obviously entitled to apply for our naturalization. We have 3 children, 2 was born before we had our ILR and the baby was born after our ILR.
We (husband + Wife) want to apply for our Natiralisation now, what do we do about our children to get their british passport?

Do we apply for naturalization for the 2 children born before we got our ILR or we just need to register them before applying for british passport for them?

Can we just apply for British passport for our baby born after we got our ILR or we need to register her first?

I will really appreciate your kind response.
Thanks.

geriatrix

Re: Child Naturalisation

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Children do not naturalise, adults do.

Child born in UK after either parent's ILR -> British by birth -> Apply for passport.
Child born in UK before either parent's ILR -> register child as British citizen -> after registered, apply for passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Post by Ashytos » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Thank You very much.

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Post by Ashytos » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:39 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Children do not naturalise, adults do.

Child born in UK after either parent's ILR -> British by birth -> Apply for passport.
Child born in UK before either parent's ILR -> register child as British citizen -> after registered, apply for passport.
Thanks Sushdmehta, please can we apply for our naturalisation and registration of our children at the same time or it has to be separate?

Thanks.

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:45 pm

If kids were born in the UK.

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:45 pm

Ashytos wrote:

Thanks Sushdmehta, please can we apply for our naturalisation and registration of our children at the same time or it has to be separate?

Thanks.
if kids were born in the UK you can do it at the same time.

Ashytos
Newly Registered

NCS

Post by Ashytos » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:25 am

Hi, we want to apply for our naturalisation, does it matter which NCS we use?

For instance our borough charged £75 per adult and £60 per child and we have seen a different borough which charges £105 for a couple and £30 per child. We are considering of going to the cheaper borough, will that affect anything like our ceremony or things like that?

Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: NCS

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:46 am

No. You can choose whichever NCS you like.

The form has a section as to which local authority would you like the ceremony to take place at. That is independent of the choice of NCS.

geriatrix

Re: Child & Naturalisation

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:12 am

Topic merged

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Police caution

Post by Ashytos » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:25 am

Please help! I don't Know where to post my question. I can't sleep now.

I just did my NCS yesterday and everything was fine.but I just remembered something now. Sometimes in year 2010, we were stopped by the police because I was carrying my baby on my lap and was not using belt. We (my husband and I) were fined and paid immediately.

Under the section of good character,we filled no convictions or police warning. Do you think this will come up while the check is done. Also, I have been doing CRB or DBS check for my job and nothing do come up.

What is my hope?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Police caution

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:35 am

caution is not a conviction. You have nothing to worry about - that said, it would of been better if you had included that in additional info but just because you havent, you wont be refused.. breathe and live normally!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:44 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:caution is not a conviction. You have nothing to worry about - that said, it would of been better if you had included that in additional info but just because you havent, you wont be refused.. breathe and live normally!
Wrong advice. For naturalisation you must declare all cautions and convictions. Failure to do so will result in a 10 year ban for deception. The HO get everything, even if it's not on your CRB. Search the forum and you'll find lots of people who didn't declare cautions because it wasn't on the CRB and have been refused.

You need to let the HO know about this. They should take the money from your account and you'll get a letter of acknowledgement. Write back and tell them about this, or fill in that page from the application form and date and sign it with an. Keep proof, send it by registered mail. You don't have to wait for the letter, you can do it now, just include all your details so they can identify your case.

They won't refuse because the offence is minor and so long ago, but they will refuse if not mentioned.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Also read here, Q3 and Q12.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 pm

t123456789 has given you good advice. According to your post, you weren't cautioned, you were fined.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Post by Ashytos » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Yes, I was fined. Do I need to declare penalty charge notice as well? Oh! I am in trouble.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Ashytos wrote:Yes, I was fined. Do I need to declare penalty charge notice as well? Oh! I am in trouble.
No, I think you're OK if it wasn't a caution. Usually for traffic offences they only want the counterpart if has something on it and it was in the last 12 months, so you probably don't have to worry about it.

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Post by Ashytos » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:23 pm

t123456789 wrote:
Ashytos wrote:Yes, I was fined. Do I need to declare penalty charge notice as well? Oh! I am in trouble.
No, I think you're OK if it wasn't a caution. Usually for traffic offences they only want the counterpart if has something on it and it was in the last 12 months, so you probably don't have to worry about it.
Am so sorry to disturb you. Do I still go ahead to fill the good character form to declare the fine from police about seat belt and sent it to home office ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:38 am

Yes. Safer to declare.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:45 am

t123456789 wrote:
rakeysh.patel wrote:caution is not a conviction. You have nothing to worry about - that said, it would of been better if you had included that in additional info but just because you havent, you wont be refused.. breathe and live normally!
Wrong advice. For naturalisation you must declare all cautions and convictions. Failure to do so will result in a 10 year ban for deception. The HO get everything, even if it's not on your CRB. Search the forum and you'll find lots of people who didn't declare cautions because it wasn't on the CRB and have been refused.

You need to let the HO know about this. They should take the money from your account and you'll get a letter of acknowledgement. Write back and tell them about this, or fill in that page from the application form and date and sign it with an. Keep proof, send it by registered mail. You don't have to wait for the letter, you can do it now, just include all your details so they can identify your case.

They won't refuse because the offence is minor and so long ago, but they will refuse if not mentioned.
I had read the post in full, and as someone Casa highlighted, OP was fined [not cautioned]. People often get confused with what has happened to them. When Police read out caution [you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something that you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence] to them, people presume they are on all the registers where as in reality that is not the case. Police has to read that caution out before they can ask questions related to alleged offence.

net net [from OP's original post] - OP has been fined and not cautioned and as such, without getting into too much detail, I said what I said :) AFAIK, PNCs or FPNs needs no declarations [unless that involved court]

t123456789, - I second what you've said.. I wasnt aware of one being able to send in something once the application was sent.. OP, you should write in and highlight this to HO so you can sleep normally :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Post by Ashytos » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:27 am

rakeysh.patel wrote:
t123456789 wrote:

I had read the post in full, and as someone Casa highlighted, OP was fined [not cautioned]. People often get confused with what has happened to them. When Police read out caution [you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something that you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence] to them, people presume they are on all the registers where as in reality that is not the case. Police has to read that caution out before they can ask questions related to alleged offence.

net net [from OP's original post] - OP has been fined and not cautioned and as such, without getting into too much detail, I said what I said :) AFAIK, PNCs or FPNs needs no declarations [unless that involved court]

t123456789, - I second what you've said.. I wasnt aware of one being able to send in something once the application was sent.. OP, you should write in and highlight this to HO so you can sleep normally :)
Hi all, I have sent out a letter and filled out page 24 of further information not covered as this was a fine and not a criminal conviction or civil penalty or caution. Hopefully, this will be ok.

Ashytos
Newly Registered

Letter to Home Office

Post by Ashytos » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Please, has anyone here sent a letter to home office regarding their application as per further document without home office requesting for it?

Was the letter / document treated as part of the initial form? Can you share your experience?

Thanks.

geriatrix

Re: Child & Naturalisation

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Why do you think it will not be treated as part of the (initial) application?

I do agree that whatever you did is more relevant to enable you to sleep / live with peace than it has to do with your naturalisation application. Only convictions need to be declared, not a FPN (and that too one which was issued in 2010).