ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding After application for naturalisation (AN) was sent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hood
Newly Registered

Speeding After application for naturalisation (AN) was sent

Post by hood » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I've submitted my application for naturalisation on Monday this week using NCS service. Yesterday, I was driving to visit my friend and hasn't noticed how the 40mph restriction changed to 30mph. I was caught driving 11mph over the speed limit and was issued a receipt by the officer. He advised me that I will receive a letter in two or so weeks and I may be offered to take a Speed Awareness Course, since this is the first my offence ever.

Now that my application is already in progress, how should I proceed? Should I wait for the letter and notify Home Office after that or should I notify them immediately? What if I'm offered a speed awareness course and no points are recorded, should I still notify HO?

Many thanks!

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Speeding After application for naturalisation (AN) was s

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Wait for the letter to start with. You may be a very very lucky boy - Speed awareness course is offered if you are within guideline of the force -

Criteria =

1 - Legal speed limit [30 in your case] + 10% [3 in your case] + 9 = 42mph in your case. [you mentioned you were doing 41 - talk about cutting it fine]

PLUS

2 - You have not attended the SAC before

PLUS

3 - You have admitted being the driver to the attending PO

Like I said, most forces have rules similar to this? what force issued the ticket? If you are offered one, you dont have to declare or notify HO.

R
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...