ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Visit,,, no one were at home

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PutiniEEA

UKBA Visit,,, no one were at home

Post by PutiniEEA » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:02 am

Hi guys

I want to know if UKBA comes to check us at home but they find door locked

What happens next ??

Or if they break door ,,, who fixes it ??
Don't take my advice as granted., m not solicitor, thanks :)

Casa

Re: UKBA Visit,,, no one were at home

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:04 am

If you're in and refuse to open the door...then you fix it. :| Whether you have a claim for compensation depends on the reason the Border Police were attempting to gain entry.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:05 am

In this case they won't damage door rather simply refuse the application. One kidnap allegation I seen that policemen came with heavy bodybuilder and carpenter who fix immediately the door and advised the landlord to collect key from them.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

PutiniEEA

Post by PutiniEEA » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:39 pm

Thanks guys for replies

But how they can reject application, summer time no one stays at home

Its unfair

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:47 pm

If you have an application pending with the UKV&I and you think it is likely that they would come visiting, I would have thought that you would make arrangements to have somebody answer the door.

Can I ask what kind of application have you made? I have not known the UKV&I to visit an applicant's home. Even if they had the power to do so, it must be exceptional for them to do so.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:17 pm

PutiniEEA wrote:Thanks guys for replies

But how they can reject application, summer time no one stays at home

Its unfair
They don't care, they can use any loophole. Why you thinking that they will come because maybe they invite you. If you still confused then why not you fit phone connection with the door bell which divert the call to your mobile phone. It's costly too.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:20 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:they can use any loophole.
That's not a loophole. It is not for them to convince you why they should reject your visa. It is for you to convince them to grant it. In absence of such convincing, the default answer is no.

If they have told you that they will be visiting, they must have been really unconvinced of your documentation.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:55 pm

secret.simon wrote:
UKBA HUNTER wrote:they can use any loophole.
That's not a loophole. It is not for them to convince you why they should reject your visa. It is for you to convince them to grant it. In absence of such convincing, the default answer is no.

If they have told you that they will be visiting, they must have been really unconvinced of your documentation.
It's indeed like a loophole to refuse. I know someone in neighborhood who was not at home and eventually they refuse him based on believe that they couldn't not be able to verify their doubts. Moreover, in similar way if you search board then they refused a lot applicants where caseworker called only once to EU national workplace and when on one time ringing only nobody reply then they straight refuse even without bothering to call again or fax them.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:59 pm

The way I see it, the onus is on the applicant to ensure that all doubts of UKV&I are answered appropriately and make arrangements to answer any questions. Keep your employer informed if any correspondence with UKV&I is expected, ensure that a neighbour is aware if the UKV&I were to call.

Besides, the applicant needs the UKV&I, the UKV&I does not need the applicant.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:11 pm

You given answer to yourself :D :D :P

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Better to be brutally honest and deal with facts than live in a fantasy world and get shocked when reality bites.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Listen with the intent to understand, not the intent to reply.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Actually, secret.simon has given sound advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:14 pm

He isn't. Because what ukba is actually/practically doing I have described based on member experiences. If anyone want to cross check that then start searching extensively.
@Casa: what exactly you understand which led you to announce winner as because the above poster is indirectly repeating the same which already be answered and then give reply to himself :roll:

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:18 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:He isn't. Because what ukba is actually/practically doing I have described based on member experiences. If anyone want to cross check that then start searching extensively.
@Casa: what exactly you understand which led you to announce winner as because the above poster is indirectly repeating the same which already be answered and then give reply to himself :roll:
I didn't realise you believe you were in a competition. I thought you were both giving your opinion on the situation. That's the purpose of the forum :|
(Casa, not CR001)

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:26 pm

But my opinion is based on what members practically faced in above scenario which can better enable the op to plan.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Actually, the way I read, we are both giving the OP the same advice. That if there is nobody to answer the door, they are unlikely to break your door down. But the application will just be declined.

It is in the OP's interest that the door be answered, not for the cost of replacing the door, but for the success of his application.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Yes exactly as mr. HUNTER said that they will never break door rather refuse application. Sometimes they ask neighbor. And yes they only smash door if severe cases like kidnap, illegal documents manufacturing, human trafficking, child labour, stolen cars, people in emergency etc and in such cases they may even use helicopter. Better to fix some device which connects with you through door bell, alternatively tell other tenants.

PutiniEEA

Post by PutiniEEA » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Yes exactly as mr. HUNTER said that they will never break door rather refuse application. Sometimes they ask neighbor. And yes they only smash door if severe cases like kidnap, illegal documents manufacturing, human trafficking, child labour, stolen cars, people in emergency etc and in such cases they may even use helicopter. Better to fix some device which connects with you through door bell, alternatively tell other tenants.
Thanks guys

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:58 pm

It's 'no one WAS at home' - sorry.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

PutiniEEA

Post by PutiniEEA » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Doesnt matter

We r nt in english class lol

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:51 pm

PutiniEEA wrote:Hi guys

I want to know if UKBA comes to check us at home but they find door locked

What happens next ??

Or if they break door ,,, who fixes it ??
There is no reason why anyone should be scared of UKBA, know your rights and stand up for it. These people are public sevants not public masters, you should always remind them of that, should they step out of line (i.e acting unlawfully).

Not even police would break down your door (provided you're not suspected of criminal activity) not to talk of UKBA. As well as it is upto you to prove that your application isn't fraudulent or shame activity involved, it is also up to UKBA to prove that your relationship is a shame or application fraudulent otherwise their case will not stand in court (provided the court is not corrupt).

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:51 am

Pssst,

Has anybody here heard of a "Revocation of Implied Rights of Access"... Even the police cannot enter a property without a warrant (or a reasonable suspicion of an immediate risk to the public ETC) [IE: If they hear screams and somebody shouting "HELP ME" it'ld be reasonable for police to kick a door in ;) ]

;) The Home Office have only got what powers u and I have... As for refusal... If refused, don't worry, just appeal ... just bear in mind, the visit is usually because of sham marriage etc, and sham marriages are not entitled to in country appeal now...
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

PutiniEEA

Post by PutiniEEA » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:22 am

wiggsy wrote:Pssst,

Has anybody here heard of a "Revocation of Implied Rights of Access"... Even the police cannot enter a property without a warrant (or a reasonable suspicion of an immediate risk to the public ETC) [IE: If they hear screams and somebody shouting "HELP ME" it'ld be reasonable for police to kick a door in ;) ]

;) The Home Office have only got what powers u and I have... As for refusal... If refused, don't worry, just appeal ... just bear in mind, the visit is usually because of sham marriage etc, and sham marriages are not entitled to in country appeal now...

Does everyone get right of appeal in eea unmarried application?