ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier1 to ILR QUERY ??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

tier1 to ILR QUERY ??

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:44 pm

hi there,

Seeking for help regarding my ILR appliocation.

I came here in 2005 as a student, my wife joined me in 2007 as a student dependent
she got tier1 visa approved in 2011
I have been told to go back to home country to change my student visa to tier1 dependent even i had a 6 months valid visa left.
got tier1 dependent visa in a month (second entry clearance).

Now as my 10 year will finish in feb 2015 if i count all my year including my second entry clearance .

can I go for ILR on that 10 year basis or should i wait for my wife tier1 to ILR route??

any help will be great thanks

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

tier1 to ILR QUERY ??

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:46 pm

hi there,

I came here in 2005 as a student, my wife joined me in 2007 as a student dependent
I have been told to go back to home country to change my student visa to tier1 dependent even i had a 6 months valid visa left.

Now as my 10 year will finish in feb 2015 if i count all my year including my second entry clearance .

can I go for ILR on that 10 year basis or should i wait for my wife tier1 to ILR route??

argus7
Wales

Re: tier1 to ILR QUERY ??

Post by argus7 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:01 pm

you would get ILR based on Tier 1 (G) status not 10 year route

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:07 pm

thx for ur reply.

are you sure because it doesnt say anywhere in guidance??

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:12 am

pankajkr_ghy1 wrote:hi there,

please clarify
a) that you had valid student status when you left in order to apply for your tier 1 dependant clearance abroad
b) how much time exactly did you spend abroad before you returned with a new EC
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:22 pm

thx for you reply.

I had a valid visa when i went to home country to get tier1 dependent visa.
i was abroad for less than 2 months while getting the tier1 dependent visa.

Can I still apply for long residence ILR??

thanks

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

TIER1 TO ILR QUERY

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:05 pm

hi there,

I have been told to go back to home country to change my student visa to tier1 dependent even i had a 6 months valid visa left,
I got tier1 dependent visa in a month (second entry clearance).

any help will be great

thanks

mightypower

Re: TIER1 TO ILR QUERY

Post by mightypower » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:49 pm

You can go for it

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

TIER1 TO ILR BOGUS COMPANY

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:15 pm

HI THERE,

GOT TIER1 APPROVED ON 2011 (MULTIPLE JOB UNDER PAYE)
APPROVED EXTENSION ON 2013(JOB + SELF EMPLOYED)
EXTENSION DUE ON 2016.

RECENTLY I FOUND THAT THE COMPANY I WAS WORKING ON 2011 WAS A BOGUS COMPANY (DISSOLVED NOW) AND HAS'T PAID TAX FROM MY SALARY
I CONFIRMED FROM EMPLOYEMENT HISTORY STATEMENT FROM HMRC AND I WAS NOT REGISTERED AS A EMPLOYEE FOR THIS PARTICULAR COMPANY DURING THAT PERIOD(2011).
EVEN THAT I GOT EXTENSION ON 2013 AND NOW PREPARING FOR ILR.

COULD SOMEBODY ADVICE ME THAT WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THAT COMPANY WHO HASN'T PAID ANY TAX.

LOOKING FOR SOME EXPERT ADVICE PLEASE..

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR ILR

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:33 pm

HI THERE,

I CAME UK IN 2006 ON STUDENT VISA AND MY WIFE CAME IN 2007 AS A STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA.
GOT COUPLE OF STUDENT EXTENSION
MY WIFE GOT TIER1 APPROVED IN 2011 AND I CHANGED MY STATUS FROM STUDENT TO TIER1 DEPENDENT.
WE CAN APPLY FOR ILR ON 04/2016 BUT MY 10 YEAR WILL COMPLETE A MONTH BEFORE OUR VISA EXPIRE.

CAN I APPLY FOR ILR MYSELF AT PEO (SAME DAY) AND ONCE I GET ILR CAN MY WIFE APPLY ON MY ILR RATHER THAT HER OWN TIER1 ILR AS WE ARE STRUGGLING TO REACH OUT INCOME TARGET..

LOOKING FOR SOME EXPERT ADVICE PLEASE THX......

NOW CURRENTLY I AM ON TIER1 DEPENDENT VISA

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: AM I ELIGIBLE FOR ILR

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:07 pm

pankajkr_ghy1 wrote:HI THERE,

I CAME UK IN 2006 ON STUDENT VISA AND MY WIFE CAME IN 2007 AS A STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA.
GOT COUPLE OF STUDENT EXTENSION
MY WIFE GOT TIER1 APPROVED IN 2011 AND I CHANGED MY STATUS FROM STUDENT TO TIER1 DEPENDENT.
WE CAN APPLY FOR ILR ON 04/2016 BUT MY 10 YEAR WILL COMPLETE A MONTH BEFORE OUR VISA EXPIRE.

CAN I APPLY FOR ILR MYSELF AT PEO (SAME DAY) AND ONCE I GET ILR CAN MY WIFE APPLY ON MY ILR RATHER THAT HER OWN TIER1 ILR AS WE ARE STRUGGLING TO REACH OUT INCOME TARGET..

LOOKING FOR SOME EXPERT ADVICE PLEASE THX......

NOW CURRENTLY I AM ON TIER1 DEPENDENT VISA

Yes u can apply for ILR for yourself at PEO if u live here for 10 years legally and continuously .

Your wife is not eligible for ILR once u obtain it. U need to fill flr m form for her and need to full fill income requirement £18600.

She can apply for ILR in 2017 under Long residency. As she came here in 2007. I believe she has clean immigration history no breaks and and no gaps in continuous residence.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

akan
BANNED

Re: TIER1 TO ILR BOGUS COMPANY

Post by akan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:28 am

I assume the bogus company is Ltd company and not registered with Company House?

What was name of the company and what business they were in?

When they provided you your payslips have they done proper tax calculations?

I sent you PM.

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:39 pm

it was a bogus company which i find out now and was doing a market research.
what should i do now any suggestion pls. thx

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:58 pm

thx for ur advice.

like to know these income requirement of £18600 can show from both our income(salary)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:48 pm

pankajkr_ghy1 wrote:thx for ur advice.

like to know these income requirement of £18600 can show from both our income(salary)?
Yes and she will have to pay the NHS health surcharge too of £500 for a 2.5 year visa on FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:51 am

you will need to call HMRC and report this , Do you have the employers PAYE reference to trace?

If no, then HMRC will need a written letter to look into that company affairs, other wise its a dead end.

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

Is tax amendment a good idea

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi
In my last tier1 General In 2012 I used paye & selfemployed income which went throw ok, now while planning for ilr which is due jan next year I realised that I underpaid my selfemployed tax.
There is no online option for amendment only by written request to hmrc bcs I passed online amendment deadline.

So should I contact hmrc ?, is any panelty?, will it make my case complicated for ho?

Looking for some advice thx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is tax amendment a good idea

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Was the self employed income you declared to HO, i.e higher SE income to meet points for Tier 1G extension different to what you declared at the end of the tax year to HMRC, i.e. less SE income declared so that your tax liability is reduced?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Thx CR001 for ur reply.

There was two different figure showed to ho and hmrc, but my mistake I put some extra expenses which reduced my tax liability and these are making me worry

Should I amend ?

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:50 pm

You can amend in writing to your TAX office, explaining good solid reasons as the year 2012 is behind now.

Its better to keep tax affairs in place before ILR as HO will match the exact total taxable income with HMRC that was declared to them.

Mind you that amending a tax calculation can take 5 weeks to 6 months, when used in writing.

Also remember that SA302/P800 cannot be challenged by home office, so make sure your tax according to earnings are accurate for each tax year.
Last edited by argus7 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:56 pm

There have been recent ILR refusals due to issues with income declared and tax issues. A few threads I can recall might be worth reading

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 85514.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 87515.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 87546.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pankajkr_ghy1
BANNED

Post by pankajkr_ghy1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Thx again for ur helpful reply.

My income figure will be different for ho and hmrc as I applied for extension in sep and tax accounting period end on March next year and after September business did not make much money but expenses were same like rent...... Etc..

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Hello All

This is all crap talks not a single refusal case has been reported on tax issue, whatever came on this forum are belongs to forged documents like payslips or about the company which had not any legal status. HO do checks that whether you are registered with HMRC or paying tax but they can't refuse on the basis if there are differences coming on.

this is my understanding and I think this makes a sense.
Blocked Username

rukmesh

Post by rukmesh » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 pm

I do not think it makes sense
Blocked Username wrote:Hello All

This is all crap talks not a single refusal case has been reported on tax issue, whatever came on this forum are belongs to forged documents like payslips or about the company which had not any legal status. HO do checks that whether you are registered with HMRC or paying tax but they can't refuse on the basis if there are differences coming on.

this is my understanding and I think this makes a sense.
As per my understanding, the HO checks with HMRC and if there is any discrepancy , they can refuse and term this as deception. We all have to be fair to our taxes and pay taxes and even if someone wants to save taxes then the information between HMRC and HO should be aligned and not like you say something to HMRC and something else to HO.

Good luck

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:59 pm

They definitely carry a checks with HMRC but not the way people thinking, think logically what if the tax and accounting year are different so off course the different figures will be go to the HMRC, what make sense is they definitely checks whether the applicant has submitted there records, paid the taxes but they can't matches the figure.

not a single case I have seen anyway..
Blocked Username