ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax guidance for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Tax guidance for ILR

Post by MAS99 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi Guys

I need some help.

I am going for my ILR next year. I currently on Tier 1 ( Got ist visa in 2011, extended in 2013)

During my last visa application, I had employment income+Dividends from my personal company at that time (2013). I dissolved the company because I got a full time job

Now I am going for ILR and was looking at my tax status. I can't find out how my accountant filed the previous tax return for that year 2013 and he doesn't have any breakdown as well. But it seems that he has failed to declare any corporation tax however we did submit the correct personal tax return

Now my income is all from employment and all the Tax+NI has been paid correctly . I am just worried that I don't have any reason or breakdown of why the corporation tax was not paid at that year.

Does any body have the same scenario ? or any suggestion what should I do ?

Also do they check all the tax return for last 5 years ?

i really appreciate any help

Malik44

Re: Tax guidance for ILR

Post by Malik44 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:00 pm

MAS99 wrote:

If you didn't submit your Tax return or Company Accounts at all then it is advisable to submit now

Yes they are really very strict in these days and checked almost every applicant previous tax records.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 pm

I'm afraid you are responsible for signing off the accounts which you must have done?

You have a duty to check all is correct so if there are any anomalies you are the guilty party.

You must have the paperwork from your accountant to sign off the year end accounts, if not, you are culpable for not ensuring same where presented to you.

As a Director of a limited Company you have certain fiduciary duties, name;y to approve the accounts as true and accurate and that you LTD's obligations wrt tax etc have been discharged.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Malik44 wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

If you didn't submit your Tax return or Company Accounts at all then it is advisable to submit now The problem is that I dissolved the company and can't re-open it now. I have amended my persoanl tax return but can't change company tax return

Yes they are really very strict in these days and checked almost every applicant previous tax records.
My previous employment history is really good. All the tax +NI is paid on time . It is just the company tax return I am worried about

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 pm

Wanderer wrote:I'm afraid you are responsible for signing off the accounts which you must have done?

You have a duty to check all is correct so if there are any anomalies you are the guilty party.

You must have the paperwork from your accountant to sign off the year end accounts, if not, you are culpable for not ensuring same where presented to you.

As a Director of a limited Company you have certain fiduciary duties, name;y to approve the accounts as true and accurate and that you LTD's obligations wrt tax etc have been discharged.

Thanks. You are right. but I can't remember what has been submitted. All I can see is the company accounts on companies house. I did sign the accounts but they were showing numbers . I am not sure what happened after I sign it.