ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada immigration effect on naturalisation application UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Canada immigration effect on naturalisation application UK

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:38 am

Hi all ....plz help
I got Ilr and going to apply my passport.i have also earned Canadian immigration last month I went there and came back.i m originally Pakistan national
My question is
1. Would Canadian immigration effect my passport application?
2.in application form they ask questions about inn and out date from UK and reasons.when I will mention that I went to Canada for immigration would it hv negative impact on UK passport nationalisation application?
Plz guide me
Regard

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Re: Canada immigration effect on naturalisation application

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Any suggestion /advice on this issue plz????

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:59 pm

muhammadirfan999 wrote:Hi all ....plz help
I got Ilr and going to apply my passport.i have also earned Canadian immigration last month I went there and came back.i m originally Pakistan national
My question is
2.in application form they ask questions about inn and out date from UK and reasons.when I will mention that I went to Canada for immigration would it hv negative impact on UK passport nationalisation application?
Plz guide me
Regard
I also have a similar situation. I am going to apply for naturalisation in January next year. However, at the same time I am going to get Canadian immigration visa in the next couple of months. I now have a concerns if I get Canadian immigration visa on my passport. Would that impact on my naturalisation application?
Please reply with a reasonable answer.
Many thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
My question is
Plz guide me
Regard
I also have a similar situation. I am going to apply for naturalisation in January next year. However, at the same time I am going to get Canadian immigration visa in the next couple of months. I now have a concerns if I get Canadian immigration visa on my passport. Would that impact on my naturalisation application?
Many thanks in advance.
I'm sure it will.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:39 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
My question is
Plz guide me
Regard
Many thanks in advance.
I'm sure it will.
Can you explain a bit further

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Isn't it obvious?
3. Intention to live in the UK

The intentions to live in the UK on a permanent basis is quite important as the British Citizenship is only given to that person who intends to live in the UK. But at the same, after getting naturalized, long time absences are normally ignored provided the link with the UK is not permanently broken.

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:21 am

Thnkx for replying I spoke to one of immigration solicitor he told me it would not effect as you are working in UK,hv been living here since long time so u intend to settle here .everyone hv right to apply immigration of any country secondly I applied for immigration not nationality and I still can keep dual nationality and can quit one later .i m a bit confused plz guide me .......

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:56 am

muhammadirfan999 wrote:Thnkx for replying I spoke to one of immigration solicitor he told me it would not effect as you are working in UK,hv been living here since long time so u intend to settle here .everyone hv right to apply immigration of any country secondly I applied for immigration not nationality and I still can keep dual nationality and can quit one later .i m a bit confused plz guide me .......
Check you PM please

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:04 am

Ok thnkx

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:51 pm

I checked with ho they said it would not effect .......

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:58 pm

muhammadirfan999 wrote:I checked with ho they said it would not effect .......
I wouldn't trust the drones you speak to on the phones, get it in writing and signed by someone in authority.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Wanderer wrote:
muhammadirfan999 wrote:I checked with ho they said it would not effect .......
I wouldn't trust the drones you speak to on the phones, get it in writing and signed by someone in authority.
You are probably right. It is better to ask them in writing through whatdotheyknow website.

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Technically, you can be based in the UK while occasionally taking up some employment in Canada and the Canadian settlement visa might allow you to do just that; so you should be OK.

However, it does raise an eyebrow on what the actual intention is.

I am not sure what their practice is: if in doubt reject the application or do not reject until there is some concrete evidence proving the doubt. If it's the second version then you should be OK. If it is the first one you might have to prove that your intention is staying in the UK.

Anyhow, just my thoughts.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:45 am

I am in the same position but never thought about it. I have an immigrant visa in my passport as well. Should we get a template, write to the HO and keep the response just in case?

PM me if anyone is interested...

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:13 am

fielddrive wrote:I am in the same position but never thought about it. I have an immigrant visa in my passport as well. Should we get a template, write to the HO and keep the response just in case?

PM me if anyone is interested...
Check your PM please.

Richard8655
Newly Registered

Post by Richard8655 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:59 am

It should have no effect whatsoever. UK accepts dual citizenship, and there should be no reason why acceptance of immigration to another country (friendly at least) should affect UK immigration.

People change their minds and/or their circumstances change all the time. UK immigration isn't absolutist about controlling people's lives as other non-democratic countries might be.

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:04 am

I called to ho again and their answer was same .i called to some solicitors they also said it would not effect....
Any suggestion how I should prove that I m going to live in UK in future what documents should I include....?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 am

muhammadirfan999 wrote:I called to ho again and their answer was same .i called to some solicitors they also said it would not effect....
Any suggestion how I should prove that I m going to live in UK in future what documents should I include....?
Its good you keep on chasing HO over the phone but get something in writing from HO so that you can challenge them if they raise this an issue for your AN application.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:25 pm

I'm thinking of sending them something along these lines in the post and ask for a written response:
Dear Home Office:

RE: Immigrant Visa from another country [tempted to say Ally]

Does having an immigrant visa from another country (e.g. USA or Canada) in a naturalisation applicant's passport restrict a person's ability to naturalise in the UK?

If there is any bearing on the application, what kind of evidence would prove the applicant's intention to make UK his or her permanent home?

Regards
Comments / Suggestions?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:32 pm

fielddrive wrote:I'm thinking of sending them something along these lines in the post and ask for a written response:
Dear Home Office:

RE: Immigrant Visa from another country [tempted to say Ally]

Does having an immigrant visa from another country (e.g. USA or Canada) in a naturalisation applicant's passport restrict a person's ability to naturalise in the UK?

If there is any bearing on the application, what kind of evidence would prove the applicant's intention to make UK his or her permanent home?

Regards
Comments / Suggestions?
Too many intangibles, you are going to have to suck it and see and report back to here for the benefit of others.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:49 am

I have found out tht someone I know has recently (July) got naturalised with a Canadian PR visa in his passport. He applied in Feb.

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Any have home office email for nationality and citizenship ?????

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:33 pm

@fielddrive thnkx a lot for sharing yours experience and information it's really helpful

kimgadi
Newly Registered

Post by kimgadi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:43 am

muhammadirfan999 wrote:@fielddrive thnkx a lot for sharing yours experience and information it's really helpful
Did anyone get a formal response from HO on this topic. Please share.