ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Citizenship ceremony

Post by ElenaW » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi guys,

I know you need to provide ID when you go to the citizenship ceremony. Would my old BIometric residence permit (ILR) count as suitable ID? I'm trying to renew my US passport to change my name to married name ASAP and would like to send it off now but I have no date for the ceremony yet. I was going to use my U.S. passport as ID but would rather send it off now. Do you think this would be a problem?

Thanks!
I tell it like it is.

noajthan

Re: Citizenship ceremony

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:38 pm

ElenaW wrote:Hi guys,

I know you need to provide ID when you go to the citizenship ceremony. Would my old BIometric residence permit (ILR) count as suitable ID? I'm trying to renew my US passport to change my name to married name ASAP and would like to send it off now but I have no date for the ceremony yet. I was going to use my U.S. passport as ID but would rather send it off now. Do you think this would be a problem?

Thanks!
Not an issue.
You are not asked for ID at a citizenship ceremony;
- as per the official letter, you simply need to take your invitation/confirmation letter.

(That was the case for my wife & daughter earlier this year).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks for your response.I haven't received the invitation letter so have just been googling what the different councils seem to say on their websites. I'm glad no ID is needed :)
I tell it like it is.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:20 pm

My council asked to see my foreign passport to verify I am who I am.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:07 am

ElenaW wrote:Thanks for your response.I haven't received the invitation letter so have just been googling what the different councils seem to say on their websites. I'm glad no ID is needed :)
At Hampshire CC, an official asked each candidate identifying questions in a brief pre-ceremony interview & asked for sight of their official HO letter.
They did not ask to see any ID.

As per above your mileage may vary.
If you need to prepare suggest ask your target council.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.