ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKM Application Fees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

carrick
Newly Registered

UKM Application Fees

Post by carrick » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:30 am

Hi All,

I applied for BC via UKM. I have sent off all required documentation and the Payment slip as I am paying by CC.

I am pretty certain I will be ok as I have done a lot of research and met all the criteria. However I was slightly confused on the fees as the front page summary of the Registration of British Citizenship on the UK.gov site says the fees are £913 but on the schedule for UKM it says £80 for ceremony fee.

I completed the payment slip and put the higher amount of £913. If this amount is incorrect will they adjust it? or will they reject my application?

I'm living in Australia so want to minimize the postage/processing times as it can take ages for it to go through!

Many Thanks!

oludaniel123
Newly Registered

Re: UKM Application Fees

Post by oludaniel123 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:57 am

Hi,
The CORRECT fees is £1,005 which includes the £80 for the ceremony. My view is tha you quickly get across to the HO and sort this out before you travel out otherwise your application will not be process

sylime
Newly Registered

Post by sylime » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Hiya,
I am also registering as a British Citizen with UKM and the fees are actually only £80. I am not sure if they will adjust the amount on the slip though.
Perhaps you could call them?
Good luck.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:50 pm

In a recent post someone reported they had authorised a £1085 payment in error but HO only withdrew the correct amount (for their case, adult naturalisation) of £1005.

At least you have paid too much & can sort out a refund via helpline (if necessary).
Better than under-paying.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:36 pm

UKM is £80, it is only the ceremony fee you pay, nothing has changed in this regard recently. It is quite clear on the fee leaflet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:51 am

noajthan wrote:In a recent post someone reported they had authorised a £1085 payment in error but HO only withdrew the correct amount (for their case, adult naturalisation) of £1005.

At least you have paid too much & can sort out a refund via helpline (if necessary).
Better than under-paying.

Totally agree, that's why I put the higher amount. I am pretty sure UKM is £80 but I would rather be on the safe side!

Wouldn't by chance have the link to that post?

Cheers
C

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:56 am

CR001 wrote:UKM is £80, it is only the ceremony fee you pay, nothing has changed in this regard recently. It is quite clear on the fee leaflet.
Yes I noticed that, but on the main page it stated "Registration fee £913" and then on the fee leaflet £80 so i was slightly confused. Hopefully they deduct the £80. I wonder if I can email them a scanned copy of a correct one?

Thanks for your comment.

Cheers
Carrick

carrick
Newly Registered

Post by carrick » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:54 am

Just in case anyone is interested they deducted the £80 from my credit card! So they do adjust the form if its is incorrect (I would assume as long as it is less that what you originally wrote).

Next step biometrics!

Cheers
Carrick