ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost passport with eaa2 inside and I am due to apply for pr

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abi123

lost passport with eaa2 inside and I am due to apply for pr

Post by abi123 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi everyone I need your advice on my sitiuation I have lost my passport with eea2 inside and i am due to apply for PR in next 2 months, Now if i apply for new passport and then eea2 and then PR it would be time consuming and very lenthy processs as it takes about 2 3 months just to get my new passport from my high commision in london and then another 6 months to eea2. so i was wondering if i could apply for PR with all the supporting documents and a covering letter explaining about the lost passport inclosing a police report of my lost passport ???? Along with the photocopies of my lost passport showing all the historty of my visa's in my passport.

Or Do I have to apply for eea2 with my new passport and then PR ???

PLEASE ADVICE. TNX

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: lost passport with eaa2 inside and I am due to apply for

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:37 pm

You will have to have passport in order to proceed to application for PR. For this purpose you won't need to apply residence permit but you can be asked by caseworker to produce evidences regarding your residence for such period??
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

abi123

Post by abi123 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:22 am

Thanks for your response shiraz!

What kind of evidence I have a photocopies if my passport which includes my residence card covering that time period would that suffice ?

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:44 am

@Abi : yes I believe that would suffice .
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

abi123

Post by abi123 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:22 pm

Thanks chriskv1 for you response! Do you just beleve that is enough or is that definately acceptable to UKBA because I dont want to apply and be told to go get the residence card on the new passport and then apply for PR it be too much time wasted just want to be sure guys hope more definate expereinced people can shed some light on this!

Cheers

abi123

Post by abi123 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:27 pm

any response anyone ?