ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor offence - not wearing seatbelt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

david1955
- thin ice -

Minor offence - not wearing seatbelt

Post by david1955 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:40 am

Hi , i am due to apply for my naturalization application in month of November.

However my concern is , in may 2006 i was given a 30 pound fine by police for not wearing the seatbelt. It was my friend who was driving the car and i was seating in the front nearby driver seat.

The police gave me the fine on spot and asked me the call a number to pay the fine. The fine was paid to HM court services via phone.

Could someone please let me know if that will have any impact on my naturalization application and will that need to be declared on my application form?

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Minor offence - not wearing seatbelt

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:12 am

david1955 wrote:Hi , i am due to apply for my naturalization application in month of November.

However my concern is , in may 2006 i was given a 30 pound fine by police for not wearing the seatbelt. It was my friend who was driving the car and i was seating in the front nearby driver seat.

The police gave me the fine on spot and asked me the call a number to pay the fine. The fine was paid to HM court services via phone.

Could someone please let me know if that will have any impact on my naturalization application and will that need to be declared on my application form?

Thanks

As per Gov UK guidance you need to declare this.
It was a long time ago, well over the 3 years HO look at as a cutoff point as per their rules, (& hardly crime of the century); if it was a one-off you should get a fair appraisal of your application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:18 am

noajthan wrote:
david1955 wrote:Hi , i am due to apply for my naturalization application in month of November.

Thanks
Hi Thanks for your reply. That was the only one off i had

As per Gov UK guidance you need to declare this.
It was a long time ago, well over the 3 years HO look at as a cutoff point as per their rules, (& hardly crime of the century); if it was a one-off you should get a fair appraisal of your application.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:09 pm

IMHO, this would not cause a problem, but DO DECLARE IT on the form.

All the best
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:01 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:IMHO, this would not cause a problem, but DO DECLARE IT on the form.

All the best
Hi Thanks for you reply. Can someone please let me know in which section of the form i need to declare this offence as i am not sure whether it will come under criminal conviction or in the caution section?

Your help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:18 am

david1955 wrote:
rakeysh.patel wrote:IMHO, this would not cause a problem, but DO DECLARE IT on the form.

All the best
Hi Thanks for you reply. Can someone please let me know in which section of the form i need to declare this offence as i am not sure whether it will come under criminal conviction or in the caution section?

Kind Regards
Anyone Please?

david1955
- thin ice -

Referees

Post by david1955 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi ,

Just want to be sure before i make my application for naturalisation next week.

For referees

(1) The first referee i am using is the managing director of my company. He has known me for 8 years.
(2) The second referee also works in the same company as mine. He is my colleague and a Engineer. He has also known me for last 8 years.

Both this referees are british national

Can anyone let me know if both this referees are fine?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referees

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:16 pm

Both should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:22 pm

CR001 wrote:Both should be fine.
Many Thanks

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:37 pm

david1955 wrote:
david1955 wrote:

All the best

Kind Regards
Hi Can anyone please highlight a solution on above problem please

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:39 pm

In above scenario of referees if a person is just naturalized but not received its British passport then whether still that person is treated as British national or foreigner??

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:40 pm

British national. There is no requirement for them to apply for a British passport if they don't choose to.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Casa wrote:British national. There is no requirement for them to apply for a British passport if they don't choose to.
Thank for reply. Without British passport what number of passport should be written by referee in referee section?

tyx
Newly Registered

Post by tyx » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:05 pm

It is not a criminal conviction. It's a fixed penalty. Don't say you have been convicted!

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 pm

cool mind wrote:In above scenario of referees if a person is just naturalized but not received its British passport then whether still that person is treated as British national or foreigner??
The referee of professional standing can be of any nationality. The other referee needs to be a British citizen passport holder. Reference: Page 11 of Guide AN (July 2015)

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:22 pm

tyx wrote:It is not a criminal conviction. It's a fixed penalty. Don't say you have been convicted!
Hi , Many Thanks for your reply. I am really sorry but i have been dumb in this scenario.

So what you are saying is on question 3.1 should i tick NO
and then on the bottom where it says criminal conviction 1 i should describe the nature of offense and sentence given and date sentenced

Or should i describe on page 24

tyx
Newly Registered

Post by tyx » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:59 pm

david1955 wrote:
tyx wrote:It is not a criminal conviction. It's a fixed penalty. Don't say you have been convicted!
Hi , Many Thanks for your reply. I am really sorry but i have been dumb in this scenario.

So what you are saying is on question 3.1 should i tick NO
and then on the bottom where it says criminal conviction 1 i should describe the nature of offense and sentence given and date sentenced

Or should i describe on page 24
Yes, you should tick no. You never had a criminal conviction. (Unless you refused to pay the penalty and went to court for it)
However, since they ask you to declare it, the only place for it would be page 24.
It won't make a difference anyway, so don't worry!

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi David
Please declare it on page 24 of the application form as

"Received fixed penalty notice and paid with ref no... "

If it is not more than one per 12 months and paid its not taken seriously. However, if it not paid and goes to court it could lead to serious consequences.

All the best for your application.

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:19 pm

FayEng wrote:Hi David
Please declare it on page 24 of the application form as

"Received fixed penalty notice and paid with ref no... "

If it is not more than one per 12 months and paid its not taken seriously. However, if it not paid and goes to court it could lead to serious consequences.

All the best for your application.
Hi tyx and FayEng,

Thanks for your reply. i would put that information on page 24. However i don't remember the ref number coz it was in may 2006 ,almost 9 years ago

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi David

Just declare the year. As it was so long ago . May not be of great significance

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:41 pm

FayEng wrote:Hi David

Just declare the year. As it was so long ago . May not be of great significance
Many Thanks FayEng

tier2ICT_ES
Newly Registered

Post by tier2ICT_ES » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi David,

Not sure if you check the form anymore but would be great to know, how you progressed with your application. I am in similar situation - got Non-Endorsed fixed penalty notice for seat belt offence - I was offered online course which I did - this happened more than 15 months back. I am planning to make a new Tier 1 switch application and was looking for some guidance on how should I mention this on the application.

thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:56 pm

tier2ICT_ES wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 pm
Hi David,

Not sure if you check the form anymore but would be great to know, how you progressed with your application. I am in similar situation - got Non-Endorsed fixed penalty notice for seat belt offence - I was offered online course which I did - this happened more than 15 months back. I am planning to make a new Tier 1 switch application and was looking for some guidance on how should I mention this on the application.

thanks,
Would be useful if you searched the user posts and timeline post (click) rather than digging up a topic that is 2 years old. This user has also not logged into the forum since February 2017.

Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.