ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics not requested

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

grantcallaway
Newly Registered

Biometrics not requested

Post by grantcallaway » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:45 am

Hi All,

I submitted my application around 27 July, payment was taken on 30 July, and I received a confirmation email (with case ID) on 31 July.

I have not received any post.

Most people seem to be asked for biometrics within a few days of their confirmation letter. It's been over a month, and I have not had any request for Biometrics.

Is it normal to have received no post or Biometric requests more than a month into the application (and to only have received that one sole email over a month ago)?

I'm worried that the Biometric request has maybe been lost in the mail, but apparently I have to wait 6 months before I can even ASK??

sodonm

Re: Biometrics not requested

Post by sodonm » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:18 pm

You need to call HO and request them for a letter. You need to tell them its been over 6 weeks and you have not received one yet, they will send you one within 15 working days. when you ring choose option 3 then option 2, Do not wait for 6 months.

BadgerSet
Newly Registered

Post by BadgerSet » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:52 pm

I have been having similar concerns. I submitted my application on 18 August, and like you I received a confirmation email with case number, but no mail. Because my case had additional elements, I posted it as a new topic here.

But what is relevant to you is that the HO sent me an email saying "you will have received a biometric notification letter" (even though I haven't). So it seems that there is then at least some insurance against a lost BPN letter simply leading to an invalidated application.

grantcallaway
Newly Registered

Post by grantcallaway » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Thanks!

I have called UKVI, and they confirmed that these things are usually sent out earlier. I have been advised to write to them to seek an explanation.

I will update once I receive a response.

Grant

jaxx30
Newly Registered

Post by jaxx30 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:51 pm

You and I are in the same situation. I applied on the 17th of august application received 18 august, then received email on the 25th of august. Since then nothing and im getting worried as to why i have not received biometrics invitation. I think im gonna call them.

jaxx30
Newly Registered

Post by jaxx30 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Hello everyone
Grantcallaway have you received your biometrics appointment letter yet? I have called HO and they gave me an address in liverpool to write to. I sent the letter over a week ago recorded delivery but no answer as yet. So was just wondering or even anyone in the same situation.

grantcallaway
Newly Registered

Post by grantcallaway » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:47 pm

I wrote to them, and a week later I received another email simply stating that the case was under review - no response whatsoeverto the question I raised (ie: Has a Biometrics Letter been sent?"

Then the fun started!! About a week after that, I received my first letter in the mail from them. It was a request for additional information - they informed me that I had used the incorrect version of the application form, and that I hada week to respond with the correct one!

I posted them the following response:
"I have been requested to use version 08/2015, however this form is for applications made on or after 3 August 2015. My application was submitted on 27 July 2015, and was confirmed as received by yourselves on 29 July 2015. On this basis, I believe that the original application was made on the correct (earlier) version. I specifically checked the version on the day that I submitted the application."
I also re-filled the info onto the 08/2015 version and sent it along just in case, even though it was not the correct form.

I sent the response on 01/10/2015, and have been worridly waiting now for another 3 weeks, as I have received nothing further from them - certainly not an acknowledgement of their error!

I am seriously worried about my application falling through the cracks!!