ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric notification letter not received, Fee not Debited

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BadgerSet
Newly Registered

Biometric notification letter not received, Fee not Debited

Post by BadgerSet » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi there,

This is my first post, but I already very much appreciate this community.

I'm feeling concerned about my ILR-SET(LR) application.

(1) Today I received an email saying that I "will have received" a biometric notification letter, and that I need to provide my biometrics within 15 working days, or my application "will be invalid and could be rejected".

(2) However, I HAVE NOT received a biometric notification letter.

(3) The email also said:
If there is [...] reason why you have been unable to attend a Post Office Ltd branch to enroll your biometric data please contact: AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk , setting out the error or reasons why...
(4) I sent an email to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk saying that I have not received a letter and asking for assistance.

(5) I also plan to call the HO tomorrow at 0300 123 2241. (I've never used that number before.)

(6) Before I got the email, I was already planning to contact the HO, for two reasons. Like this poster, I was worried that I had not received a biometric notification letter. The email just made the issue more urgent.

(7) Also, I am also concerned because the application fee has not been debited from my account, and I believe it should have been! Is this not strange?

The following TIME LINE provides a few more details:

07 AUG - I made an appointment to attend a PEO on 18 Aug 2015. My account was debited £1900.

18 AUG - I realized that my application was probably not "straightforward", so I cancelled the PEO appointment (on the day). I later received an email saying that I would be refunded the application fee, minus £100. I was told a refund could take up to 4 weeks.

18 Aug - I posted my ILR-SET(LR) Application by Special Delivery. In the application, I included the usual information for debiting my bank account. I made sure to have sufficient funds to cover a second debit, because the first payment would not be refunded in time.

20 Aug - Parcel delivered, according to post office tracking.
28 Aug - I received an email from stating that my application had been received and is being considered

[*] My account was not debited at this time, nor been debited since. I was expecting a debit of £1500.
[*] I received no Biometric Notification Letter

9 Sept - I received an email stating that I should have received my biometric notification letter, and warning me to submit my biometric data before the time limit expired..
9 Sept - I sent an email to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk saying I have not received a biometric notification letter, and requesting assistance.

(So far, I also have not received the expected £1800 refund for the cancelled PEO appointment. But it has been 3 weeks and they said it could take 4 weeks.)

Obviously, I’m concerned that something has gone wrong. I’m also aware that the BP hold up is holding up my application, too.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your support.