ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapplying for Tier-2 once application is refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route
birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Reapplying for Tier-2 once application is refused

Post by birpjpt » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi,

I recently got my application for my Tier-2 visa refused due to the incorrect SOC code and salary requirement. The SOC code in my CoS was for NQF-4 however the minimum required was NQF 6. The salary that was in my CoS was calculated for 39.5 hours so I am like about £250 short of the required salary.

I am switching from Tier-4 to Tier-2
My current visa doesn't expire until next month, however I have a confusion with administrative review and fresh application. I do not want to go for an administrative review as it won't give me success at all, so I will need to make a fresh application. However, I have following queries:

1. Do I need to wait for 14 days until I re-apply or can I reapply straight away with new CoS with all the details amended?
2. I never got back my original degree certificate from my first application, so even if I want to reapply, I won't have any ground to prove my English language requirements.
3. Should I use the same IHS reference number as my previous application or get the new one by making another payment?
4. I am already employed by this company who is providing me CoS. Can I continue my employment even if I don't go for an administrative review?

Can someone please help me with these queries?

Thanks in advance.
B

AmbreenJumma
Newly Registered

Re: Reapplying for Tier-2 once application is refused

Post by AmbreenJumma » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:32 am

hello
I have been through similar situation. However i can help
Since your visa is still valid, u can reapply online with a new amended CoS. Ask your employers to give u a support letter explaining errors made by them in previous CoS.

When you send your documents to ukvi for this new application, just submit the Administrative review waiver form ( if ukvi has send it to u with your refusal letter). You don't need to wait for 14 days, just make online application straight away.

If your original degree is with ukvi, then don't worry. When you make your online application, explain them in the 'additional information" that the original degree is with them and u want to use it as an evidence of English. However, do provide them with the photocopy.

When you will start your new application, the website will indicate for IHS. If u have paid ur IHS before 1 St July 2015, you will be asked to pay IHS again. However, ur previous IHS money will be automatically refunded to ur account within 28 days of refusal.

If you are still working with the same employer, u can continue your job, no need to worry about administrative review. Your employer need to check with ukvi via employee check phone assistance... Whether u can work or not. I don't think there should be a problem with your work as your tier 4 visa is still valid and you can work full time after completion of your studies.

Hope this helps and good luck

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by birpjpt » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:13 pm

AmbreenJumma wrote:hello
I have been through similar situation. However i can help
Since your visa is still valid, u can reapply online with a new amended CoS. Ask your employers to give u a support letter explaining errors made by them in previous CoS.

When you send your documents to ukvi for this new application, just submit the Administrative review waiver form ( if ukvi has send it to u with your refusal letter). You don't need to wait for 14 days, just make online application straight away.

If your original degree is with ukvi, then don't worry. When you make your online application, explain them in the 'additional information" that the original degree is with them and u want to use it as an evidence of English. However, do provide them with the photocopy.

When you will start your new application, the website will indicate for IHS. If u have paid ur IHS before 1 St July 2015, you will be asked to pay IHS again. However, ur previous IHS money will be automatically refunded to ur account within 28 days of refusal.

If you are still working with the same employer, u can continue your job, no need to worry about administrative review. Your employer need to check with ukvi via employee check phone assistance... Whether u can work or not. I don't think there should be a problem with your work as your tier 4 visa is still valid and you can work full time after completion of your studies.

Hope this helps and good luck
Thanks a lot for your reply. One more thing. Will my previous application have any bearing on my new application, as my employers are considering changing my job title altogether so that it will be a match for the job title listed in Appendix J.

Thanks in advance.
B

birpjpt
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by birpjpt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:26 pm

I have made a premium application. Will I be asked questions related to my previous application failures?

My job title has been changed since I've previously made my application and so has my SOC code and the salary. So will they try and investigate?

I am really worried. Please can someone help/

Kind Regards,
Biraj