ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is NIN nececcesary for self sufficient EEA2 app?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

knm812
Newly Registered

Is NIN nececcesary for self sufficient EEA2 app?

Post by knm812 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:23 am

My French partner and I (US) are moving in two weeks. I have a FP good until March. My goal is to apply ASAP after arriving for my RC as I intend to look for work and imagine in might be tough with just a FP. Does my self sufficient partner have to have a NIN so that we can fill out the EEA2 app (as in will it make a bad impression if he doesn't)?

I will apply straight away for my NIN as I DO intend to seek work, but since he's self suffcient I'm not sure it's necessary. My worry is that with his work schedule it would take a bit of time to schedule the interview and then more time waiting for it to come in.

Will his not having one have any impact on our application?

Thanks everyone! This forum has been incredibly helpful so far.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Is NIN nececcesary for self sufficient EEA2 app?

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:15 am

How long have you lived together?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

knm812
Newly Registered

Post by knm812 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:21 am

About 2.5 years.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:47 pm

Having no NINO won't affect the application as long as the EU national partner is self sufficient and his funds/savings are enough for his family not to become burden on public funds. Apart of that you will need to buy CSI covering the whole family. Also keep in mind that the first 3 months since arriving the EU national won't need to exercise its treaty Rights.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS