ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aaliyah110

FLR(M) Question

Post by Aaliyah110 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:50 am

When my Fiance and I get married..we will then apply for the FLR(M).

My Question is will he be able to work on that status after he gets the FLR (M) or do we need to apply for somehting else.

Thanks

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:54 am

Once he has received FLR, he will be able to work.

Aaliyah110

Post by Aaliyah110 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:59 am

Thank you..

Also on the form it states. "We need letters or other documents of the kind listed meaning bank statements/correspondence, bills , as evidence that you and your partner are still living
together as a couple and have done so during the past two years. Ideally, this evidence should indicate joint commitments in
your finances, other responsibilities and social activities spread across the past 2 years/ 24 months."

He is only arriving this week and then we will get married after 22 days so I do not know how I will provide the above info if he will just be living with me for 22 days and ill be married just 4 days as we need to give notice and then after 16 days we can marry..Do not know really how to handle that part.

vinny

FLR(M) Question

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:12 pm

I believe that section (8C?) is for applicants applying for leave to remain as Unmarried or same sex partners only.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Aaliyah110

Post by Aaliyah110 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:38 pm

Oh OK Thanks very much..After we are married how does he go about obtaining a national insurance number as they need that when you apply for a job.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Visit your local job centre or call the national insurance helpline (do a google for the number). You normally have to make an appointment and he will need proof that he is working or looking for work, such as rejection letters or a contract of employment. He can start working without the NI number, but he should apply for one within a year I believe.
'In everything give thanks'

Aaliyah110

Post by Aaliyah110 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:50 pm

Thanks very much for your help..at the mo I am really concerened about the immigratoon officers deporting him even though he has a valid vis now..as on his passprt accross to pages it says served wtih 15151a when he first left the UK and then now 6 months later her has got the valid vis to come back when we appealed and next to the passport it states appealed allowed..I am just really worried that they wont care about this and will send him back...

Please pray I am getting so worried..after fighting so much to get the visa I ahve now been told by a lawyer that he can still be detained and deported back to his country even with a Valid visa..

Aaliyah110

Thank you

Post by Aaliyah110 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:57 am

Thankfully everything woorked out..and he is now with me!!!! however just piece of advice for all..that you may get grilled my the immigration officers at the airport coming in..as Jamal did yest as he had overstayed before and they asked him everything from beginning to end..so please be honest and tell them as they are quiet harsh and do not take things lightly as he told me of experiance yesterday when coming back..

Anyway now for the next step of getting married and the FLR more money for the Home office!!! hmm

thanks all for everything..I wish all of you success and happiness but one advice for sure is never give up fight for what you want trust me as I ahve found you will get there eventually..

Aaliyah

awesomeadil

Post by awesomeadil » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 am

Ahh!! Thats really nice... I can imagine how u are feeling getting reunited... Mine is similiar... I have that to look forward to as well, the only diff is that its a Spouse Visa, I hope they dont give me grief.. BTW did ur fiancee land in Heathrow or Gatwick... Im gonna come to MCR and god only knows how tight them lot are...

Aaliyah110

Post by Aaliyah110 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi there
No he landed at Manchester..But if you got no immigration history of problems then ull be fine my fiance overstayed 9 years and thats why he got grilled on the way back.