ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After NCS - Payment Credit Card Declined - Biometric Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

metalpixel
Newly Registered

After NCS - Payment Credit Card Declined - Biometric Letter

Post by metalpixel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi All,

Very stupid on my side. Post NCS - thats document submission in my Local Council with the Payment Information sheet etc, I was expecting a Biometric Letter within 2 weeks. However, my bank called me that payment of 1005 GBP was declined as my Credit Card had 'just' exceeded the max amount. I was travelling a lot in the month and had spent on train tickets and hotels.

As soon as the bank called me, I called UKVI at 0300 123 2253 and explained my situation. They told me that within 2-4 weeks, UKVI should write to me and will send me another Payment Information Sheet. This is the 3rd week and I have not heard from them. I have emailed UKVI twice and also called sometime back at the above mentioned number. This time I have been told that I should have heard within 10 days. They have now asked me to do a written communication at: UKVI PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN

Because of one stupid mistake from my side, I am in a fix now. Need to get the Citizenship etc sorted quickly.
Can some one advise please?

Regards,
MP

noajthan

Re: After NCS - Payment Credit Card Declined - Biometric Let

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:55 pm

metalpixel wrote:Hi All,

Very stupid on my side. Post NCS - thats document submission in my Local Council with the Payment Information sheet etc, I was expecting a Biometric Letter within 2 weeks. However, my bank called me that payment of 1005 GBP was declined as my Credit Card had 'just' exceeded the max amount. I was travelling a lot in the month and had spent on train tickets and hotels.

As soon as the bank called me, I called UKVI at 0300 123 2253 and explained my situation. They told me that within 2-4 weeks, UKVI should write to me and will send me another Payment Information Sheet. This is the 3rd week and I have not heard from them. I have emailed UKVI twice and also called sometime back at the above mentioned number. This time I have been told that I should have heard within 10 days. They have now asked me to do a written communication at: UKVI PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN

Because of one stupid mistake from my side, I am in a fix now. Need to get the Citizenship etc sorted quickly.
Can some one advise please?

Regards,
MP

Not much you can do apart from waiting for their follow up letter;
try to clarify position by writing your letter (suggest send it by tracking or recorded delivery service) OR calling helpline again;
AND informing your bank a large payment is expected to be made 'soon' & making sure your funds are in place.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

presido007

Re: After NCS - Payment Credit Card Declined - Biometric Let

Post by presido007 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:55 am

Hi, can anybody please tell me if it is ok when NCS lady refused to include my old expired passport that have my student visa 2005 showing how I came into this country and visa showing that I am now a spouse of a eea national in 2007. Instead she sent the one showing my permanent residence. The lady said, HO does not need to see my old expired passport, they only require the one showing my permanent residence August 2012 (which is also an expired passport) and my current passport.

Please, could anybody who has apply tell me if this is normal or should I be worried?