ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KoLL Requirement for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajee120

KoLL Requirement for British Citizenship

Post by rajee120 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Hello All,

I am applying for British Citizenship (5 years on Tier2 + 1 year ILR).

I got my ILR on 29th November 2013 (i.e., after new rules applied on 28th October 2013).

In Form AN, for 1.22 Knowledge of language/life in UK, I mentioned Life in UK test certificate number and selected the below option (for Language)

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013.

When I applied my ILR, I submitted the below documents to support KoLL requirement.
- UK NARIC certificate to certify my degree is equivalent to UK Bachelors degree
- My University degree certificate
- Letter from University stating that degree is taught in English

Will I be ok in selecting that option for Language requirement (for 1.22)?

Regards,
Rajesh

noajthan

Re: KoLL Requirement for British Citizenship

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:15 am

rajee120 wrote:Hello All,

I am applying for British Citizenship (5 years on Tier2 + 1 year ILR).

I got my ILR on 29th November 2013 (i.e., after new rules applied on 28th October 2013).

In Form AN, for 1.22 Knowledge of language/life in UK, I mentioned Life in UK test certificate number and selected the below option (for Language)

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013.

When I applied my ILR, I submitted the below documents to support KoLL requirement.
- UK NARIC certificate to certify my degree is equivalent to UK Bachelors degree
- My University degree certificate
- Letter from University stating that degree is taught in English

Will I be ok in selecting that option for Language requirement (for 1.22)?

Regards,
Rajesh
Based on the form (& guidance on current Gov UK website) that seems to be an acceptable option.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

WR1

Re: KoLL Requirement for British Citizenship

Post by WR1 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:31 pm

rajee120 wrote:

Its the date of application of ILR that will be relevant here, not the date of approval of ILR. So if you applied after 28 October 2013, you will be fine, otherwise if you applied prior to 28 October 2013, I would advise you to submit evidence of English Language requirement being met in addition to the LIUK just to be on the safe side.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided