ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card processing time (NTL application)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

keyow
Newly Registered

BRP Card processing time (NTL application)

Post by keyow » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm

I've applied for BRP card by filling in NTL form. I sent the form on 1st August 2015, money (£260) was taken out of my bank a/c on 3 August 2015, biometric done on 8 August.
From reading forums people say 1 month but the home office tell me it can take up to 6 months. I phoned the ukvi Helpline this morning to ask if I can speak to a caseworker, they told me it takes upto 6 months and I should just wait.
The problem I am facing is I don't have any photo ID as I have sent my immigration status document (ILR). I want to work but without photo ID I can't, I also want to take driving lessons but I need to apply for provisional licence which I can't apply without BRP card.
Do you think it is a good idea to write letter to the home office to check on the progress on my application? Or will I just wait? What do you think is holding my application.

The reason I applied for BRP card is I have changed my name.

Bangla120
Newly Registered

Re: BRP Card processing time (NTL application)

Post by Bangla120 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello, this is my first post and its regarding my NTL application. I submitted it on the 5th of August but haven't heard anything yet. I was just wandering if anyone has recently applied be because there is a lot of conflicting answers on the Internet, so I wanted to know someone's first hand experience
Someone please help me because I really need to go abroad in December.

Many Thanks

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 am

Its better to wait, I mean you should have worked out the details before sending your application, Provisional driving licence only takes 3 weeks to come, you should have made it earlier, and if you already have provisional Licence thant taking lessons is not a problem, secondly, acknowledgement letter is the only proof you can give to any employer, its hard to get a job in the mean time, but i suggest to wait

abad_khan
Newly Registered

Post by abad_khan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:46 am

Has someone recently received BRP card from NTL application?

I was wondering what does the remarks section say? ILR OR NTL

sean354
Newly Registered

Post by sean354 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:46 pm

I posted my application including my documents over 3 weeks ago and haven't event relieved a confirmation letter. Do they usually take this long because most people would of had the funds debited from their accounts but minr has not. Any help

muha7359
Newly Registered

Post by muha7359 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Hello Everyone,

We have applied for (NTL Form) on 2nd Nov to transfer ILR visa to BRP card, received the letter for biometric on 11th Nov. We are still waiting for the BRP card and documents we sent with the form. I have called UKBA but they said that they cant give me an update on the case because its not been six month yet and there is no way we can get a information about the case or why it is taking long.

Its really frustrating because we need the documents which we sent for traveling. The only option to get them back ASAP is to send a letter to UKBA and ask for documents to be returned but this will withdraw the application for BRP as well and application fee wont be returned.

If anyone has a contact number for UKBA/BRP card contact center from where we can get an update on the progress of our application, please share it.

Thanks

Elsieb66
Newly Registered

Post by Elsieb66 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Transferring Indfinite Leave to Remain has NEVER taken 6 months. I have done this 3 times. Now all of a sudden it's 6 months?! Even the renewal form says 12 weeks. Only the letter that comes back after the BRP says 6 months. I'm screwed. My flight is in 6 weeks. Does anyone know if I can now go down there in person?

denise
Newly Registered

Post by denise » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:19 pm

We have recently applied for NTL for my husband. He was working and his passport ran out, they asked him to renew it so he did and then they have issues with the visa not being in the new passport so we had to apply for BRP. All the while my husband is not allowed to return to work. So it's proving stressful. He hasn't been able to go to work for 4 weeks now.

Putting a timeline as I have struggled to find them, may help someone else.
BRP NTL

Application sent: 9/02/2016
Application received: 10/02/2016
Payment: Postal order
Acknowledgement letter ?
Biometrics ?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:53 pm

denise wrote:We have recently applied for NTL for my husband. He was working and his passport ran out, they asked him to renew it so he did and then they have issues with the visa not being in the new passport so we had to apply for BRP. All the while my husband is not allowed to return to work.
This sounds wrong. If he has already passed a right-to-work check by virtue of his ILR stamp, they don't need to check again. If he's on gardening leave, fine, but if he's not being paid, the employer needs to be put right. The only problem is if there has been a transfer of undertaking (TUPE), and so the new employer will need to be check. (I'm not sure if this nonsense also applies to large units where personnel departments are also transferred, or just to small units where a different organisation was involved.)

I can vouch for this as my wife is in the same boat - she's fine with ILR in an expired passport until her employer, a FTSE-100 company, reorganises. I'm hanging on because I don't like the thought of my 90-year old widow having to prove decades of continuous residence when she renews her BRP.

Google for 'right-to-work check' (currently yielding Employers illegal working -penalties, which currently points to Right to Work Checklist) and look for List A documents. It says there
1. List A You have a continuous statutory excuse for the full duration of the person’s employment with you. You are not required to carry out any repeat right to work checks on this
person.
Is your husband a member of a competent trade union? Get them on the case.

vims24
Newly Registered

Post by vims24 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi, Will you be able to advise when did you get your passport back and BRP from the time you submitted your application as I am in similar position, can't work until then?

Thank you

TrishM
Newly Registered

Post by TrishM » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:53 am

This was for my son's application (transfer of visa to No Time Limit BRP)

Application sent: 30/07/2016
Application received: 02/08/2016
Payment: Cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 23/08/2016
Biometrics Enrolled: 25/08/2016
Approval letter from Home Office received: 18/11/2016
Passport received back from Home Office: 18/11/2016
BRP received: awaiting receipt from Home Office

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the BRP once the confirmation letter has been received back from the Home Office?

Also, does anyone know if you could provide the confirmation letter which states that you have Indefinite Leave To Remain to an employer as proof of right to work in the UK?

Thanks!

vims24
Newly Registered

Post by vims24 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:10 am

I received my BRP within 5 days of passport. So it should be with you the next few days. Employer will insists on seeing the BRP, i was lucky enough that the employer did the ECS checks so i could start work before getting passport back and BRP. Hope this helps.

TrishM
Newly Registered

Post by TrishM » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:10 pm

TrishM wrote:This was for my son's application (transfer of visa to No Time Limit BRP)

Application sent: 30/07/2016
Application received: 02/08/2016
Payment: Cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 23/08/2016
Biometrics Enrolled: 25/08/2016
Approval letter from Home Office received: 18/11/2016
Passport received back from Home Office: 18/11/2016
BRP received: 21/11/2016

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the BRP once the confirmation letter has been received back from the Home Office? Question answered! It's just arrived!

marina4
Newly Registered

Post by marina4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:01 pm

Hello Guys,
I have just received my NTL Bio metric card today,after exactly 4 months of applying as my passport with ILR had expired.

Application sent:10/10/2016
Acknowledgement email received: 24/10/2016
Bio metrics Enrolled: 22/11/2016
Approval letter from Home Office received: 22/02/2017
Passport received back from Home Office: 22/02/2017
BRP received: 22/02/2017

good luck guys and God bless!!!

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello marina4,

Congrats on getting your BRP.

Can you please help by sharing the name of the documents you sent along with your NTL application.
I have changed my name using a deed poll. I am planning to send the following along with the NTP application.
  • Original Passport (which has new name)
    Original Name change deed poll
    Original BRP card for ILR (which has old name)
    Photo copies all above
    2 photographs
Can you please confirm if these documents are enough ? Do I need to send my old passport against which I was given my ILR in 2015.

Thanks,
sma

marina4
Newly Registered

Post by marina4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:13 pm

sma_tier1 wrote:Hello marina4,

Congrats on getting your BRP.

Can you please help by sharing the name of the documents you sent along with your NTL application.
I have changed my name using a deed poll. I am planning to send the following along with the NTP application.
  • Original Passport (which has new name)
    Original Name change deed poll
    Original BRP card for ILR (which has old name)
    Photo copies all above
    2 photographs
Can you please confirm if these documents are enough ? Do I need to send my old passport against which I was given my ILR in 2015.

Thanks,
sma
Hello Friend ,
I only submitted my Old expired passport with ILR stamp
And the application form.
Not sure if it's the same document for change of name

Thanks

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Thanks marina for your immediate reply

tk1
Newly Registered

Post by tk1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:36 am

had a ILR since 13 years on a expired passport,
Applied for NTL-Biometric Residence Permit on 22nd Jan-2017.
Home office received my application on 23rd Jan-2017
received Biometric registration letter on 3rd Feb-2017
submitted biometric at a nearby post office on 4th Feb-2017
then waited and waited....
finally passports arrived on 4th June-2017
Biometric card arrived on 8th June-2017

so please allow 4 to 5 months from start to end. else apply for premium service. costs just £500 extra . its worth it. there is also a route to premium service once you apply for normal service, but they take only 5 applicant per day. i applied several times in May but got no response.and they too charge £500 extra.

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 am

Finally got the NTL with name change in it. My application timelines are

1. Applied for NTL-Biometric Residence Permit on 10th Apr 2017
2. Home office received my application on 11th Apr 2017
3. Received Biometric registration letter dated 23rd Apr 2017 on 25th Apr 2017
4. Submitted biometric at a nearby post office on 26th Apr 2017
5. Application decided on 19th Aug 2017 (checked here https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus )
6. Passports arrived on 23rd Aug 2017
7. Biometric NTL card arrived on 24th Aug 2017

Thanks for all the members here for helping me through this process.

Rhizy15
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Rhizy15 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:06 pm

marina4 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:01 pm
Hello Guys,
I have just received my NTL Bio metric card today,after exactly 4 months of applying as my passport with ILR had expired.

Application sent:10/10/2016
Acknowledgement email received: 24/10/2016
Bio metrics Enrolled: 22/11/2016
Approval letter from Home Office received: 22/02/2017
Passport received back from Home Office: 22/02/2017
BRP received: 22/02/2017

good luck guys and God bless!!!

Hello marina4,,
i just want to ask what passport did u give for your application?..is it only the old passport with the stamp of ILR?..how about your other passport?..did you give them as well?..please reply me asap

SHIMA-CHAN
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by SHIMA-CHAN » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:58 pm

hellow guys,

This is in my case as Non-EU residents,

1. I sent Application form with two passport (one is previuos with ILR stamp, another is current one) on 12th June 2017.
2. Home office received my application on 13rd June 2017.
3.Application fee has taken on 14th June 2017.
3. Received Biometric registration letter dated 23rd June 2017 on 26th June2017
4. Submitted biometric at a nearby post office on 29th June 2017
5. Application decided on 16th Nov 2017 (checked here https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus )
6. Passports arrived on 18th Nov 2017
7. Biometric NTL card arrived on 24th Nov 2017(Deliverly re-arranged)

It has been taken almost 6months from the begining,
Please be patient but it is worth to pay for premium service fee if you don't want to be stressed.

Thank you for all the members comment and good luck.

Imhao22chin
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Imhao22chin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm

Hello,

Can anybody advise me if how long does it take for the passport to be return to me if I will use the premium service of £500.
Is it worth it?
Where can I apply for it since I paid the normal service and I read in one of the post that there is a way around it?

It would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:23 am

Imhao22chin wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm
Hello,

Can anybody advise me if how long does it take for the passport to be return to me if I will use the premium service of £500. You get your passport back on the same day.

Is it worth it? Usually yes.

Where can I apply for it since I paid the normal service and I read in one of the post that there is a way around it? Have you already submitted your application? If yes, see link below. There is no guarantee that your request to upgrade to premium service will be accepted though. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form

It would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Karolle23
Newly Registered
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Karolle23 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:20 am

sean354 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:46 pm
I posted my application including my documents over 3 weeks ago and haven't event relieved a confirmation letter. Do they usually take this long because most people would of had the funds debited from their accounts but minr has not. Any help
Hi sean354 have you received anything? I’ve sent in my application with the documents on 22 dec..... they received it’s it on the 27 dec but up till now the money has not been debited from my account. I’m kind of worried

kaborex
Newly Registered

Post by kaborex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:14 am

Hi all,

I have been in UK since 2002 and was granted Indefinite Leave to remain since then. I was not aware of the rule changes in 2014 which states that all ILR holders have to get a BRP.

I have been working in the civil service for 10 years this year and still employed by my current borough.

I applied for a job at the xxxxx and was provisionally accepted pending checks. The checks have come back asking for the BRP card in spite of me showing them my indefinite leave stamp which is in my old passport. The stamp is still valid as I have travelled in and out of the country with it.

Thankfully the job offer is still standing but anytime now I suppose they will find someone else to do the job. I find this very unfair as I am not here illegally and besides the xxxxxxx can check on their systems. They refuse to do that as they claim to get employment in the civil service one has to have the BRP. Yet I am happily employed by the civil service still.

I have applied for the BRP and it looks like it could take up to 6 months.

Initial application sent 17/01/2018

£447 fee taken from credit card Credit card 18/01/2018 (dual application with my wife... single application is £237)

email confirmation of receipt of application received 29/01/2018

Non signed for letter through the post received for fingerprints to be done at post office 30/01/2018

Fingerprints done at post office and sent off securely via post office system 31/01/2018

I will update this from time to time to give people an idea of how long this process will take. I filled in the NTL form ... it should be straight forward as I am not applying for ILR but really applying for a transfer of the ILR to a BRP. But time will tell.

I feel so abused by the system and feel like a criminal when I have done nothing wrong over the last 15 years I have been here. This is so wrong and if I lose this opportunity for this job I am not sure what I will do. Good luck to everyone applying.