ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Schengen Countries

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kenc

Travel to Schengen Countries

Post by kenc » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Today I received my new Biometric Permanent Residence Card valid for 10 years.

It is endorsed "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen".

Does this confer the same travel rights as did my 'EEA2' Residence Card endorsed "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National?

Apologies if this question has been asked before but even though I have searched the Forum I have been unable to find specific info relating to the new PR Card.

I will be grateful for any info.

Thanks

kenc

Re: Travel to Schengen Countries

Post by kenc » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:46 am

I have been unable to find a way of editing my above post. I would like to clarify my question.

Husband and wife. One with British Passport the other Non-EEA with UK Permanent Residence Card endorsed "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen".

Can we travel to Spain without Schengen Visa as long as we travel together and have with us our UK Marriage Certificate?

Thanks.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:59 am

yep you sure can

kenc

Post by kenc » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Thank you adedayoh.

DannyG15

Post by DannyG15 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:03 pm

adedayoh wrote:yep you sure can
Hi adedayoh, do you think the same would apply to travelling to Portugal too? I was told that being on a EEA family permit requires a schengen visa although I dont know if the same applies when holding a RC.

I know that Spain is okay as per the info provided online at the site.

Thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:29 pm

You can check using this online tool:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am

I know that for France and Czech Republic, is also fine.

However, I advise anyone to always check with the destination country's embassy or consulate in the UK first.

Any country embassy or consulate website will have a section called "Who needs a visa" and they will have a very clear criteria for when you need a visa, and if so, how to apply.

Official embassy and consulate websites should be the main information source at all times, not internet forums. That's just traveller's best practice.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.