ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

55 days short of 10 years for long residence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ksshhs

Post by ksshhs » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:23 pm

I came to uk 5th of aug 2006. and my current visa will be expired on 12 of june 2016.
as my calculating, I need 55days more to complete 10years.
but I have been told that I can apply before 28 days my visa expired and if i have been outside of uk less then 540 days over last 10years, I can use some of the days as my defence.
so for instance, if I ve only been outide uk 360 days. somehow that 180day(540-360) might help me.
any of you know about this? if so, how many days can be covered?
if not, is there any way i can still apply for long residence although i am short 55 days of 10 years.

any comment or help will be appreciated.
thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 55 days short of 10 years for long residence

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 pm

No, you cannot use the 'absence allowance' to make up your shortfall. What is your current visa status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ksshhs

Post by ksshhs » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:50 pm

I have got tier 1 entrepreneur visa.. is there any possibility that i can still apply for the long residence?

ksshhs

55 days short to complete 10year.

Post by ksshhs » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Hello

I have 2 questions.

My current visa (tier 1 Entrepreneur )will be expired in this June.
and it will be 55 days short to complete 10year for 10 year long residence .
I have been told by someone that it should be okay if it would be 10 years on the date of decision.
Q1: I am not sure if that is a possible option? (is there anyone got the long residence even though some day was shorten)

Q2: and when i was reading through this forum, some people had a problem with tax.
would home office will check how much tex i have been paying as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 55 days short to complete 10year.

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:07 pm

1. Your application won't be valid as you are applying too early.

2. Yes, HO check tax and employment history for long residence ILR too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ksshhs

10 long residence and Tax

Post by ksshhs » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello.
I am finding a way to switch my Tier 1 entrepreneur to 10 year long residence.
but just find out HO also check my tax records is that right?
I never been late for paying tax, but would the amount of tax be a matter?
I have an accountant who doing my tax, so i think legally i paid all taxes that i had to pay.
but as my income has been not that much, tax was pretty low.
would it be a matter ?

Immigrantshimmigrant
Newly Registered

Re: 10 long residence and Tax

Post by Immigrantshimmigrant » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:44 pm

As long as your declared returns match those you showed to HO (if any) then there should be no problem I think. The reason for high HO refusals these days is the fact that many people on tier 1 general under declared their earnings to HMRC which the home office sees as deception (and rightly so)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:06 am

OP
Keep your queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ksshhs

Post by ksshhs » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Hello again.
I am here with Tier1 Entrepreneur visa. when my visa expired, it will be short for 55 days.
I have been talking with many solicitors. they suggested different options.
I am not sure which would be the best option for me.

Option 1: Apply for 10 year long residence anyway.
Option 2: Extend Entrepreneur visa even though i don't meet many of inquiry, and after 55 days vary this and apply 10 year long residence
Option3: Apply for human right visa, vary this and apply 10 year long residence.

I aware that all of this options are ricky. but which would be the safety option

ksshhs

Post by ksshhs » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:59 am

Hello again. I desperately need a help.

(I am sorry I posting new again for my ILR Question. but original post was in a wrong category and all my posts that belong to move to other categories.)

I am here with Tier1 Entrepreneur visa. when my visa expired, it will be short for 55 days.

my first solicitor that i talked a year ago, she said i can just apply for ILR very last min. and delay the bio and hope they are making decision after 55 days. then i should be fine. so l believed in it until few days ago.
and as my current visa will expired soon i have been doing a research here and there talking with many solicitors.

and many solicitor said (actually all of them apart from her) that way is just i am hopping for a miracle.
but i am wondering if i applied ILR and rejected would i have right of appeal or send a fresh application?

I guess I have few options..

Option 2: Extend Entrepreneur visa even though i don't meet many of inquiry, and after 55 days vary this and apply 10 year long residence
Option3: Apply for human right visa, vary this and apply 10 year long residence.

I aware that all of this options are ricky. but which would be the safer option?
and if option 1 case, and get refused, would i have right to appeal?

please help me....

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:57 pm

ksshhs wrote:Hello again. I desperately need a help.

(I am sorry I posting new again for my ILR Question. but original post was in a wrong category and all my posts that belong to move to other categories.)

my first solicitor that i talked a year ago, she said i can just apply for ILR very last min. and delay the bio and hope they are making decision after 55 days. then i should be fine. so l believed in it until few days ago.
and as my current visa will expired soon i have been doing a research here and there talking with many solicitors.

and many solicitor said (actually all of them apart from her) that way is just i am hopping for a miracle.
but i am wondering if i applied ILR and rejected would i have right of appeal or send a fresh application?

I guess I have few options..

I aware that all of this options are ricky. but which would be the safer option?
and if option 1 case, and get refused, would i have right to appeal?

please help me....

best would be option 2, you wont get a reply in 55 days.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Option 2 and then vary after 55 days.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

ksshhs

Post by ksshhs » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:30 pm

How about / why not FLR (Fp) or (LR)??

I am just worring that i don't meet many inquiry to extend Entrepreneur visa and worry if the application to extend cause problem..

what you guys think?