ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter for Spouse ILR (Pre July 2012)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Immi121

Employer Letter for Spouse ILR (Pre July 2012)

Post by Immi121 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Apologies if this is not the right place for this question.

I need to provide an emplyer letter for my wife'e ILR.

20150803_Immigration_Rules_-_Appendix_FM_SE states the following:

12A. Where the financial requirement the applicant must meet under Appendix FM relates to adequate maintenance, paragraphs 2 to 12 apply only to the extent and in the manner specified by this paragraph. Where such a financial requirement applies, the applicant must provide the following evidence:
(a) Where the current salaried employment in the UK of the applicant or their partner, parent, parent's partner or sponsor is relied upon:
(i) A letter from the employer confirming the employment, the gross annual salary and the annual salary after income tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid, how long the employment has been held, and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency). (ii) Payslips covering the period of 6 months prior to the date of application or such shorter period as the current employment has been held. (iii) personal bank statement covering the same period as the payslips, showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

We're planning on applying in November 2015. For this we will show my wage slips for the following months:

May 2015 to October 2015

My employer provides an annual bonus paid in two parts. One payment in June and one payment in December. The bonus

is entirely performance based hence is not guaranteed. In June 2015 I got paid a bonus.

Also, my employer is providing health insurance. Somehow there was a tax mishap and now I am paying back a certain amount of additional tax to cover missed tax payments of my health insurance. This amounts to about £5 per month for the next 12 months or so.

So my salary slips (after tax and ni deductions) will show the following amounts:

May 2015 £1305
June 2015 £1600
July 2015 £1305
August 2015 1300
September 2015 £1300
October 2015 £1300

My question is how would the employer letter show the gross annual salary and the annual salary after income tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid.

Would it be gross annual salary without annual bonus figure as this is not guaranteed.

If the annual bonus is not incldued, then would my annual salary after income tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid be £1300 x 12 = £15600 since I'll be getting £1300 per month (due to additional tax deduction)?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer Letter for Spouse ILR (Pre July 2012)

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:54 am

You mention pre July 2012. If your wife is under the old rules, you dont need to meet the financial requirement as you have stated.

What date did she apply for and was granted a visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.