ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Septsy18
Newly Registered

Eea family member

Post by Septsy18 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi i have some query re being a family member, I been married to eu national 5 years this dec. But not sure if i will be grant for pr as my wife has gap in her n job for 2 months, my question is if my application fails will the home office issue again an eea2 (FAMILY MEMBER OF EU NATIONAL) and wait again for another 5 years? Is that correct,.. thank you.

Also, we are separated now bu shes willing to help me, i dont know if i can wait for another 5 years, im thinking to go back to my country if that will be the case. .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Eea family member

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:48 pm

The gap of 2 months between the jobs during 5 years will be bit difficult for caseworker to notice if you attach the 5 p60s. If unfortunately the caseworker refuse your application on such grounds then you may apply another 5 years RC with her latest treaty rights evidences even you are separated because you will still be treated as EU family member.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Septsy18
Newly Registered

Post by Septsy18 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Thank you for the reply, if ho issue another residence card eea2 family member, im still ok as long as my wife stay in the uk even we are separated? but that means i need to have a good relationship with her if 5 years gone and when im ready to apply again coz i will be needing her documents again.... is that correct? But can i travel outside uk if i want to visit my country, will i have a problem with that, when im returning to uk even im not with my wife? Thank you.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Getting another RC while being separated will involve an extremely risky process because HO may visit your home or call both for interview and if miraculously you got it then on your return at the airport can be asked about your partner. I think if your EU partner can provide you with her original passport/ID card & 5 yearly P60s then you must give a try to PR application.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Septsy18
Newly Registered

Post by Septsy18 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:06 pm

I will do that this dec and shes willing to give me her docs, but im worried about his gap, and if its denied i dont know what else i can do.,,,

Septsy18
Newly Registered

Post by Septsy18 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:55 pm

If my pr where unsuccessful this dec. Bec of the those gaps, whats the worst thing can happen? Can they deport me? We are still married, its just very unlucky as our feelings towards each other has changed. Thats why we separated.

pains
Brazil

Post by pains » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi all who can help me with some information

I did apply for my retantion of RC after divorce on 26 of may 2015 but still waiting ....
its normal? ( i been married with a Italian girl since jul 2011) living uk since forever
Also when it arrives, can i apply for PR? I did get marry in July of 2011

Thank you all...