ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£1000 FOR A SPOUSAL VISA/CHILDREN NOT TO BE INCLUDED IN FOR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

magata

£1000 FOR A SPOUSAL VISA/CHILDREN NOT TO BE INCLUDED IN FOR

Post by magata » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:47 am

Hi I am very concerned abaout the following.

Recently, a friend of mine British Citizen returned with his wife and stepson who were granted a year spousal visa. I was told by him that upon submmiting the application in the consulate, he was asked to filled another application for his stepson and obviously pay again which came to a total of £1000. We were under the impression that children under age could be included in the same applicaton. My question is the following: Having a 24 months old baby, will someone have to fill a separate application for him and pay as well? What is minimum age for babies/infants/children allow them to be included in the same the application?

Thanks a lot in advance

topazstar

Children's Visa

Post by topazstar » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:39 am

As far as I know, there is no age limit. ALL children now need their own passport and visa so correct figure is £500 each.
Will be interesting to hear of other's experiences with this but we will be applying for child visa soon too, in addition to spouse visa, and even when application made together, unfortunately you still have to pay total of £1000.

joe777

Post by joe777 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:58 pm

yes the child still has to pay to get the visa in their passport,
but when applying for FLR and ILR, as long as they are under 18, they can go on their parents apps as a dependent

vinny

Re: £1000 FOR A SPOUSAL VISA/CHILDREN NOT TO BE INCLUDED IN

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:32 pm

magata wrote:Hi I am very concerned abaout the following.

Recently, a friend of mine British Citizen returned with his wife and stepson who were granted a year spousal visa.
The Entry clearance endorsements should have been for two years?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

magata

Post by magata » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:00 pm

Thanks very much guys for your valuable comments, It is always good to expand your knowledge on these kind of these things. yes vinny The Entry clearance endorsement was granted for two years. and also I just realised that i did not mention that his stepson is 5 years old.

as conclusion my friend has to do the follwing

VAF2 Spouse =£500
VAF2 Child(22 moths) =£500

Guys, what about the following option that I am planning to suggest him. As he has recently been granted ILR to wait and register his son as a British citizen. Is this a good a idea taking in account that his wife is an overstayer. Although, it is going to take longer for his wife to regularise her situation, I am thinking that in this way that he might save some money as his son will not need to apply for the sticker. Would there be any danger in them refusing the application as her mother is an overstayer? Please let me know what you think about this.
Kind regards

topazstar

Post by topazstar » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:05 pm

magata wrote:Thanks very much guys for your valuable comments, It is always good to expand your knowledge on these kind of these things. yes vinny The Entry clearance endorsement was granted for two years. and also I just realised that i did not mention that his stepson is 5 years old.

as conclusion my friend has to do the follwing

VAF2 Spouse =£500
VAF2 Child(22 moths) =£500

Guys, what about the following option that I am planning to suggest him. As he has recently been granted ILR to wait and register his son as a British citizen. Is this a good a idea taking in account that his wife is an overstayer. Although, it is going to take longer for his wife to regularise her situation, I am thinking that in this way that he might save some money as his son will not need to apply for the sticker. Would there be any danger in them refusing the application as her mother is an overstayer? Please let me know what you think about this.
Kind regards
I am a little confused by this. Are you saying that your friend has a stepson that is in the UK on dependant visa, along with his wife on spouse visa AND they now have a son of 22 months born in UK? If this is the case, and child was born in UK, he is a British citizen and will not need a visa. I apologise if I have misunderstood this. Please clarify.

magata

Post by magata » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:11 pm

the 22 months old baby that I am refering to is from a totally different couple. The husband has recently been granted ILR and her wife has overtayed.The question: if there were to register his baby as British Citizen, how long is likely to take to have a Brtish passport on his hand? Is it wise to do register him taking in account that his wife is an overstayer? Will the baby have any problems on leaving the UK to travel to his country to accompany her mother and father to apply for a spousal visa?

I hope the above is clear

KInd regards

topazstar

Child born in UK

Post by topazstar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:44 pm

magata wrote:the 22 months old baby that I am refering to is from a totally different couple. The husband has recently been granted ILR and her wife has overtayed.The question: if there were to register his baby as British Citizen, how long is likely to take to have a Brtish passport on his hand? Is it wise to do register him taking in account that his wife is an overstayer? Will the baby have any problems on leaving the UK to travel to his country to accompany her mother and father to apply for a spousal visa?

I hope the above is clear

KInd regards
I do not have a lot of knowledge on this, but would refer you to the following link:

http://www.passport.gov.uk/passport_chi ... p#borninuk

For child born in UK just ONE parent needs to provide proof of status in UK so this could be the father. This would then enable the child to travel out of UK for mother to apply for spouse visa. Hope this helps.

John

Post by John » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:20 pm

No, it is not possible for the child to have a British Passport ... yet! Why? Because the child is not British .... yet! The mere fact that the child's father now has ILR does not make the child British. But the father only "recently" got his ILR and the child is 22 months old, so it appears clear that the father did not have his ILR when the child was born.

So first a form MN1 needs to be submitted in order to apply for the child to be Registered as British. Once that has been granted then yes, it is a simple exercise to get the child a British Passport.
John

magata

Post by magata » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks a lot topazstar/John, I will pass this concise information to my friend.