ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Assistance Services - anyone tried them?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ryuzaki

Immigration Assistance Services - anyone tried them?

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Has anyone used these guys: http://www.immigration-assistance-services.co.uk/

They claim that they can "guarantee" a visa via the EEA route: http://www.immigration-assistance-servi ... ouse-visa/

Seems a little bit too good to be true, but I would very much like to use a service like this that can take care of paperwork and accommodation for me.

I tried googling them but there was not much information. Is there any way to research them further? The only Yelp review was 1 star, but Yelp is kinda unreliable.

Casa

Re: Immigration Assistance Services - anyone tried them?

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:23 pm

No one can 'guarantee' a visa/permit. If they're referring to a 'visa' under EU regulations, there's already a problem. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Thanks, I thought they sounded a bit funny.

Do you know of anyone who does this kind of assistance? With my health issues the whole process looks to be very stressful and difficult.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Looking into it more closely, I see these guys have the same content on their web site: http://khanassociates.org.uk/ireland-ch ... ouse-visa/

Google Street View for IAS shows nothing, they don't seem to be at their stated address unless the Street View images are out of date. Pretty dodgy looking.

Khan Associates do at least have a shop in Glasgow but they still seem rather iffy.

How depressing. I don't know if I can do this on my own.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 pm

If you post details of your situation you may well be able to get the advice you need on the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 pm

Ok, thanks.

My fiancée is Chinese, living in Japan. I have a good job in the UK, but she is finding it hard to learn English (lessons are in Japanese) and she has visa problems. Long story short she overstayed her visa in Japan and has been waiting for a decision from the government for about six years.

The plan would be for her to go back to China, then meet me in Ireland. We would get married (we want to now, but it's almost impossible in Japan), and then come to the UK under EEA rules.

I would hopefully be self employed, working for my current employee remotely for a little over three months. I suffer from chronic fatigue though, and it's hard for me to do masses of paperwork and the like while working full time. I'd rather pay for some help and get it right first time, and maybe help find somewhere to live in Ireland.

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:57 pm

ryuzaki wrote:Ok, thanks.

My fiancée is Chinese, living in Japan. I have a good job in the UK, but she is finding it hard to learn English (lessons are in Japanese) and she has visa problems. Long story short she overstayed her visa in Japan and has been waiting for a decision from the government for about six years.

The plan would be for her to go back to China, then meet me in Ireland. We would get married (we want to now, but it's almost impossible in Japan), and then come to the UK under EEA rules.

I would hopefully be self employed, working for my current employee remotely for a little over three months. I suffer from chronic fatigue though, and it's hard for me to do masses of paperwork and the like while working full time. I'd rather pay for some help and get it right first time, and maybe help find somewhere to live in Ireland.
What's your nationality ? Irish ?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:59 pm

I am British by birth.

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:08 am

Ah ok . So I presume you're trying to do the Surinder Singh route ?

I would suggest you take advice from one of the moderators here. Obie is someone who has assisted me and I suggest you contact him .
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:47 am

Thanks, I'll PM them.