ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired EEA1 and treating call from CAPITA - HOME OFFICE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tobieoud89

Expired EEA1 and treating call from CAPITA - HOME OFFICE

Post by tobieoud89 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi All,

I have much appreciated the help that we received through this board when applying for my wife's EEA1 permit.

However, right now I need again the wisdom of these board members.

At this moment I (Dutch citizen) have been living in the UK for 5 months with my wife (Thai citizen) and two kids. My wife has entered the UK on an EEA Family Permit but that has expired 5 months ago. Due to several factors we didn't get around applying for her EEA2 Permit yet until last Monday (19th of October).

Today I have received a phone call from CAPITA a company claims is working for the Home Office. They simply called me up and told me that my wife is on her overstay at the moment and that they needed more information about her status or else they will deport her. I told them we have send the EEA2 forms last week and that we are waiting for a response. They asked for proof of me sending the form (reference of Royal Mail) but I couldn't find this around the house/

Could someone please tell me what is going on!? As far as I knew, applying for an EEA2 was not mandatory, nor does it give any rights, it simply states your rights.

What should I do right now? We are a little worried at this moment. Would this affect our EEA2 application?

Thanks guys, your response is appreciated!!

noajthan

Re: Expired EEA1 and treating call from CAPITA - HOME OFFICE

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:55 pm

tobieoud89 wrote:Could someone please tell me what is going on!? As far as I knew, applying for an EEA2 was not mandatory, nor does it give any rights, it simply states your rights.

What should I do right now? We are a little worried at this moment. Would this affect our EEA2 application?

You are correct, you & your wife are perfectly within your rights to enjoy residency in UK (assuming you, as an EEA national, are exercising treaty rights).

Could be a case of mistaken identity?

Capita does, however, have previous 'form' in this area, see:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... a#p1236400
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Similar cases involving Capita goons going back several years:
http://britcits.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/ ... -wife.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tobieoud89

Post by tobieoud89 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:25 am

noajthan wrote:
tobieoud89 wrote:Could someone please tell me what is going on!? As far as I knew, applying for an EEA2 was not mandatory, nor does it give any rights, it simply states your rights.

You are correct, you & your wife are perfectly within your rights to enjoy residency in UK (assuming you, as an EEA national, are exercising treaty rights).

Could be a case of mistaken identity?

Capita does, however, have previous 'form' in this area, see:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... a#p1236400
Thank you so much for your reply. I have surfed the internet and I have found similar cases of this. Do you have any advice how to approach this company as I do not want to receive more calls from them? Should I just ignore them or will that get us in trouble?

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Next time they call you ask them to stop harassing you and your wife.

tobieoud89

Post by tobieoud89 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:06 pm

boloney wrote:Next time they call you ask them to stop harassing you and your wife.
It still hasn't stop though. Calling us at 8 in the evening. Asking for proof that we send an EEA2 application. Treating that the police will come and get my wife...

It's beyond ridiculous. I try explaining them the way an EEA FP works but they just keep talking about overstay, which is impossible unless I my wife divorces me...