ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony letter received but no approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abhatt
Newly Registered

Ceremony letter received but no approval letter

Post by abhatt » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:31 am

Hi

I received a letter from the council to attend the ceremony but nothing from the Home Office. I understand that this letter is required to attend the ceremony. I contacted home office and they asked me to email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. I contacted them last week but have not heard anything from them. I wonder if anyone has faced a similar situation and if anyone knows how long does it take for the home office to respond.

Thank you very much in advance
Abhatt

fielddrive

Re: Ceremony letter received but no approval letter

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:26 am

There was someone else who went through with the ceremony without ever getting the approval. HO send approval to both council and the applicant so in this case it appears the council got the approval before you did.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:36 pm

abhatt wrote:Hi

I received a letter from the council to attend the ceremony but nothing from the Home Office. I understand that this letter is required to attend the ceremony. I contacted home office and they asked me to email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. I contacted them last week but have not heard anything from them. I wonder if anyone has faced a similar situation and if anyone knows how long does it take for the home office to respond.

Thank you very much in advance
Abhatt
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

abhatt
Newly Registered

Post by abhatt » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Thank you. That sounds reassuring. I spoke to my council and they said previously they sent the invitation letter at a wrong address and called home office to get my home address. It seems that my letter is lost :(. The council officer wants me to get the letter before the ceremony. I do have time for my ceremony and I hope I can finally get my certificate.

It is frustrating that it has been over a week and home office has not replied but good to know that I am not the only one who is in this situation and people have been able to get through it one way or other :).

Thanks

presido007

Post by presido007 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Does these two document come in the same envelope? (The approval letter and the invitation letter)

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:41 pm

presido007 wrote:Does these two document come in the same envelope? (The approval letter and the invitation letter)
No, one (invitation) is from local County Council.The other (approval) is from Home Office.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi abhatt,

How did you manage your ceremony. I am in the same situation got council invitation letter on 30th and the ceremony is booked on 6th May. I sent email to home office but it will take time to get another approval letter.