ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to inform UKVI about passport renewal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonphd

how to inform UKVI about passport renewal

Post by londonphd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi,

We are traveling back to my country for passport renewal. After renewing the passport we should inform the UKVI of this change, but how can we do it outside the UK?

We could update the UKVI of the renewal once we come back to the UK, but the info on BRP would be about the previous passport, not about the new one.

any input is appreciated!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: how to inform UKVI about passport renewal

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:27 pm

I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanks. Spoke with a friend who renewed their passport in a host country and had a BRP. They came back to the UK and then informed the UKVI of the change. There is no info regarding this on UKVI web site.

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Provide a copy of ur new passport to Tier 4 sponsor and they will update n inform UKVI on ur behalf.u don't need to do any thing.