ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation-Urgent Help Required (Police Issue)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Naturalisation-Urgent Help Required (Police Issue)

Post by mobeenkhan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi,
Sorry couldn't write exact title in subject as don't know how to write in such short sentence. So please need urgent help as I have NCS appointment tomorrow.
About 4 years back, I was stopped by police while driving on provisional license, and I was told that right now nothing will happen but I will be contacted by court and court will decide how many points will be endorsed on my license.
However, still I haven't got anything from court, no communication whatsoever, now not sure if this is something that needs to be disclosed as there was no caution, no court involved

Please help urgently, I'll be grateful

Thanks
We might be MASTER of our own "THOUGHTS" yet SLAVES to our own "EMOTIONS"

Siraj ud-Daulah

Re: Naturalisation-Urgent Help Required (Police Issue)

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:55 pm

CRB check would suffice - I think.

Good luck,
Siraj

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Siraj, unfortunately I don't think I have time for that now, tomorrow morning I have NCS appointment
Thanks

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:30 pm

mobeenkhan wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Siraj, unfortunately I don't think I have time for that now, tomorrow morning I have NCS appointment
Thanks
I would cancel or change the NCS appointment ,even I loose 60 pounds(or what ever) than risking 1K . Do the checks and then apply. you might be lucky that , your details were not submitted to court OR would have missed commucation from court in Royal mail . I will do the checks and then proceed accordingly.
Seniors might give you a better opinion.

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Thanks a lot Rajuk09
I did exactly this, went to the Register Office, Talked to the caseworker, she did consult Home Office regarding this and even though they said it was fine since it was something 4 years back and as I haven't heard back from the court, it should not be considered as a conviction. But like you said, I decided to rebook the appointment at a later date, luckily got another in 2.5 weeks time so not bad ... had to pay £30, well it's better to loose this than loose £1K ...

Well do you or anyone know, what is the most efficient way of getting a CRB report? As all that I've read, they say it can take well around 4 weeks to get back to me ... so I'm a bit concerned about this ...

Thank you all for such great suggestions

Awaiting to hear more from you all soon :)

crocop007
Newly Registered

Post by crocop007 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:49 pm

hi, if i were you i would apply because there is no court so why worry? they should have invited to the court within 6-9 month if not you are ok

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Correct crocop007, I thought for quite long time on this ... even while sitting in front of the caseworker, but then thought! What if there is something and since I wasn't declaring, they could refuse my application, keep £1K and maybe, for not disclosing true information, barr me for 10years for obtaining nationality ... so I decided to not take any risk and get my CRB done ...

And now I've come to know, wherever I try, the process time for CRB is either 40 days or upto 4 weeks ... now how stupid is that ... I really hope a miracle happens and I get it before the next NCS Appointment!