ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harv

British passport application

Post by harv » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi all

My wife has received her naturalisation approval letter from the HO and I am planning to arrange her a private ceremony due to urgent need to visit india. I am also filling up her passport form to get everything ready and apply swiftly.

Section 3 asks for any previous passport, British or otherwise. I have added her current Indian passport number in there. It says that this passport will need to be sent along with the application. Can you guys please help me an confirm the below.

1) Do I need to send her Indian passport with the application
2) She has a BRP card, do I need to send that as well and/or mention it in the application
3) I will be using post office passport service, do they send all original documents or they just send a certified copy?
4) Any other documents required? I am preparing the docs:
a) Naturalisation Certificate
b) Indian passport (current)
c) BRP Card

Thanks in advance
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

lijogrg444

Re: British passport application

Post by lijogrg444 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:42 pm

1) Do I need to send her Indian passport with the application
yes
2) She has a BRP card, do I need to send that as well and/or mention it in the application
no,it is no longer valid anyways
3) I will be using post office passport service, do they send all original documents or they just send a certified copy?
original
4) Any other documents required? I am preparing the docs:
No . but add a letter with grandparents details

a) Naturalisation Certificate
b) Indian passport (current)