ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Resident Card and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tobefree
Newly Registered

Permanent Resident Card and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by tobefree » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:02 am

Hello everyone!

I am really confused about new changes and comprehensive sickness insurance.
I would like to ask experts for advice.
I am EEA member and I wanted to apply for permanent resident card. I live in UK since October 2008. Constantly working all years (2008-2015).
I was a full time student for last 3 years. However, I was still employed-working (part-time) and studying in the same time.
Is my application going to be rejected because I didn`t had comprehensive sickness insurance in time I was a student? Thanks soo much for your help!

maviesk

Re: Permanent Resident Card and Comprehensive Sickness Insur

Post by maviesk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am

Not if you exercised your treaty rights as a worker at the same time.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:37 am

tobefree wrote:Hello everyone!

I am EEA member and I wanted to apply for permanent resident card. I live in UK since October 2008. Constantly working all years (2008-2015).
I was a full time student for last 3 years. However, I was still employed-working (part-time) and studying in the same time.
Is my application going to be rejected because I didn`t had comprehensive sickness insurance in time I was a student? Thanks soo much for your help!
It depends on nature of the work & whether it was 'marginal'.
You will ofcourse require adequate documentary supporting evidence of your status (whether as worker or student).

See HO guidance on this matter, there are some examples involving students:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf
ref page 11+
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tobefree
Newly Registered

Post by tobefree » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:18 pm

noajthan wrote:
tobefree wrote:Hello everyone!

It depends on nature of the work & whether it was 'marginal'.
You will ofcourse require adequate documentary supporting evidence of your status (whether as worker or student).

See HO guidance on this matter, there are some examples involving students:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf
ref page 11+

Thanks for a link. is very useful. There were months when I was working 120 hours per month but also times when I worked just 33 hours because of exam times. So have no clue how they will assess my case and insurance. I have been working for this employer for 3 years. Zero hours contract. i was wondering If I apply as a worker do i have to mention university in other table?