ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Route - Studying on PSW

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

messi10
Newly Registered

ILR Long Route - Studying on PSW

Post by messi10 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi All

Thanks in advance for helping me with this query. I am few years away from being eligible to apply for ILR (LR) but I have a query regarding effect of studying for a short time on PSW.

1. Graduation - Bachelors: 2011
2. Masters Degree Visa - October 2011 to August 2012
3. PSW Received - August 2012 - August 2014.

When I received my PSW, I was still enrolled on my Masters Course, handed in the dissertation around 10 August and degree was awarded on October 17, 2012. I have read on other forums that full time studying was not restricted on PSW. I then got a job and changed to Tier 2 General (My current Status) in July 2014.

As I spent some time studying full time on PSW, did I breach my conditions of stay & will this have any impact on my ILR application?

Thanks

cancerian

Re: ILR Long Route - Studying on PSW

Post by cancerian » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:33 am

I Dont think that you have breached any condition attached with it, the only restriction to psw holders was no dr or dentist training. Apart from that there was not any condition of working or studying no matter part or full time.