ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I use my own envelope when sending a passport app?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukswus

Can I use my own envelope when sending a passport app?

Post by ukswus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:23 pm

This may sound rather trivial, but I will need to send 2 application forms, 4 passports, and 2 citizenship certificates together in one envelope when applying for the passports. However, the envelope which is provided with the application form is rather small, and fitting several documents like this into it can be a struggle. Besides, I am not very keen on folding the citizenship certificates in half, so can I send the docs in my own bigger envelope instead?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I use my own envelope when sending a passport app?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:46 pm

You will get the certificates back folded in half.

Use check and send and ask them. I would imagine that each application has to be sent on its own with its own supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:47 pm

ukswus wrote:This may sound rather trivial, but I will need to send 2 application forms, 4 passports, and 2 citizenship certificates together in one envelope when applying for the passports. However, the envelope which is provided with the application form is rather small, and fitting several documents like this into it can be a struggle. Besides, I am not very keen on folding the citizenship certificates in half, so can I send the docs in my own bigger envelope instead?
Yes go for it.
(Simply stick supplied envelope on your envelope).

Alternately, why not apply via Check&Send & Post Office will package up & send the bundle for you.
Has to be worth £9 just for that & they will sanity check your application too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:43 pm

CR001 wrote:You will get the certificates back folded in half.

Use check and send and ask them. I would imagine that each application has to be sent on its own with its own supporting documents.

Thanks. The reason I wrote this is because it's written on the supplied envelope that "if you are applying for several passports at the same time, please send all applications in one envelope".

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:45 pm

noajthan wrote:
ukswus wrote:This may sound rather trivial, but I will need to send 2 application forms, 4 passports, and 2 citizenship certificates together in one envelope when applying for the passports. However, the envelope which is provided with the application form is rather small, and fitting several documents like this into it can be a struggle. Besides, I am not very keen on folding the citizenship certificates in half, so can I send the docs in my own bigger envelope instead?
Yes go for it.
(Simply stick supplied envelope on your envelope).

Alternately, why not apply via Check&Send & Post Office will package up & send the bundle for you.
Has to be worth £9 just for that & they will sanity check your application too.
Yeah, I thought about it. I was not sure whether it's worthwhile applying through C&S, as read on this forum that its stuff can at times be quite unreasonable, but perhaps it's still better than applying directly. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:50 pm

ukswus wrote:Yeah, I thought about it. I was not sure whether it's worthwhile applying through C&S, as read on this forum that its stuff can at times be quite unreasonable, but perhaps it's still better than applying directly. Anyway, thanks for the advice.
I have found Post Office C&S staff helpful (to best of their abilities) & the service worthwhile.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.