ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of child's BRP card by NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Trivneeraj
Newly Registered

Return of child's BRP card by NCS

Post by Trivneeraj » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi,

I made my child's MN1 application for registration as a british citizen through NCS last week. I just realised that NCS returned to me my child's original BRP card. I noticed that in application form it is written that you need to submit child's original BRP card for application to be valid. Please confirm if it is OK for NCS to return the child's origonal BRP card to me. If not then what should I do ?

Best Regards,
NT

geriatrix

Re: Return of child's BRP card by NCS

Post by geriatrix » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:16 pm

The advantage of using NCS is that the original documents are returned to you and only NCS certified photocopies of such documents are submitted with the application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Trivneeraj
Newly Registered

Post by Trivneeraj » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:22 pm

I thought other documents like marriage certificate, birth certificate and passports are returned but child's own BRP card will required to be submitted. If that is not the case and child's BRP is also returned then my child can travel outside of the UK and come back to the UK using her returned BRP. is that right ?

Trivneeraj
Newly Registered

Post by Trivneeraj » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Could you confirm the point raised above? many thanks in advance for you help.

Best Regards,
NT

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:53 pm

Trivneeraj wrote:I thought other documents like marriage certificate, birth certificate and passports are returned but child's own BRP card will required to be submitted. If that is not the case and child's BRP is also returned then my child can travel outside of the UK and come back to the UK using her returned BRP. is that right ?
Yes that is correct

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Trivneeraj wrote:I thought other documents like marriage certificate, birth certificate and passports are returned but child's own BRP card will required to be submitted. If that is not the case and child's BRP is also returned then my child can travel outside of the UK and come back to the UK using her returned BRP. is that right ?
Yes, my own daughter had to travel abroad during her MN1 application but after NCS appointment. Her BRP was returned and she travelled on that, I received her Registration Certificate while she was abroad.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.