ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help to understand Official Financial Sponsorship

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rogerscott2u
Newly Registered

I need help to understand Official Financial Sponsorship

Post by rogerscott2u » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:54 pm

I am applying for PHD programme and a limited company in Ireland is offering me sponsorship for the visa application, They promise to back my application with the company's bank statement and a cover letter. For being a limited company for 27years and according to tier 4 guidance, they said it has to be an international organisation or international company, I spoke with the sponsor about this and they say they are not an international company. Can they still go ahead to support me? and if yes, Do they need to include the reason why they are sponsoring me? I will really appreciate any advise.
Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: I need help to understand Official Financial Sponsorship

Post by sah10406 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:56 pm

rogerscott2u wrote:according to tier 4 guidance, they said it has to be an international organisation or international company, I spoke with the sponsor about this and they say they are not an international company. Can they still go ahead to support me?
Not as an Official Financial Sponsor, obviously. They would need to give you the money upfront, so you can show that you have held it in your name for the required 28 days.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rogerscott2u
Newly Registered

Post by rogerscott2u » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:54 pm

They are not making the payment until visa is grant....Please can't I use them to submit my application bcos the funds is too much for me to raise. close to 30,000 pds

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:59 pm

No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rogerscott2u
Newly Registered

Post by rogerscott2u » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:46 pm

I just rang the Home Office about this and they said the company can go ahead with the sponsorship.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:53 pm

rogerscott2u wrote:I just rang the Home Office about this and they said the company can go ahead with the sponsorship.
Absolute rubbish. As you have seen yourself, the company in question does not meet any of the definitions of Official Financial Sponsor, and therefore an application could not succeed.

rogerscott2u
Newly Registered

Post by rogerscott2u » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:04 pm

I explained clearly to them that the company is a limited one and they told me I can use it...Have you had an experience on this before?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Yes, often. I advise you ring again, and if they give you the same answer, ask for

(1) a reference for the immigration rule and/or guidance that confirms it, because (you should say) the rules about Official Financial Sponsorship do not include a non-international company; and
(2) ask for their name, saying you will be quoting them in your application.

They will suddenly change their "advice".

Home Office staff are administrators, not immigration advisers. They may not know or understand the immigration rules, they are not subject to OISC accreditation and inspection like those offering immigration advice and services, and they can give bad and damaging advice with impunity.

rogerscott2u
Newly Registered

Post by rogerscott2u » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Oh my God, Thanks for the info. I will do as you said. Meanwhile do you know a better Immigration Adviser that I can talk to about this please.

I really appreciate your effort in enlighten me.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:25 pm

You seem to think there is still room for negotiation on this issue, but there really isn't. This company can support you financially, but for the purposes of the Tier 4 application they are not an Official Financial Sponsor so you cannot show evidence that they are.

rogerscott2u
Newly Registered

Post by rogerscott2u » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:29 pm

All I need to know is if they can sponsor my visa application using their company's bank statement and a cover letter. Must they be an Official Financial Sponsorship before they can do that please?

You are really helping me out to understand this and I'm honestly grateful for your total concern.

Thanks man.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:44 pm

rogerscott2u wrote:All I need to know is if they can sponsor my visa application using their company's bank statement and a cover letter. Must they be an Official Financial Sponsorship before they can do that please?
Yes.

rogerscott2u
Newly Registered

Post by rogerscott2u » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:55 pm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:09 pm

sah10406 wrote:
rogerscott2u wrote:All I need to know is if they can sponsor my visa application using their company's bank statement and a cover letter. Must they be an Official Financial Sponsorship before they can do that please?
Yes.
@sah10406, can you clarify that you are responding 'Yes' to the OPs second question in this post that the company has to be an official sponsor. Your answer could be confusing if 'Yes' to the first part of post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:14 pm

I have answered the question several times in this thread, and cannot bear to do so any more!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:24 pm

sah10406 wrote:I have answered the question several times in this thread, and cannot bear to do so any more!
I understand your answer, but for OPs clarity, wanted to make sure OP does too.

This is my understanding of your response having read the full thread etc
Must they be an Official Financial Sponsorship before they can do that please?
Yes
All I need to know is if they can sponsor my visa application using their company's bank statement and a cover letter.
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.