ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nawazyarkhan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) ILR queries

Post by nawazyarkhan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi All,

I have a question regading english test requirement. I have a TIER 1 (General) visa which i have got stamped on 04th Jan 2011. I have come to the UK on 16th March 2011. I have passed the IELTS (general) in October 2010. I'm going to apply for an ILR for myself & family by end of Jan 2016.
I need to know whether i need to take IELTS again to prove my english skills to get the required points or the one i have passed back in Oct 2010 is still good enough fort the ILR application.
Also, I believe my wife need to pass the english test and she is planning to take the IELTS Life Skills A1 test. Will it be sufficient?
I believe depedants under 18 are exempted from this requirement.

Kindly clarify.

Best Regards
Nawaz Y. khan

nawazyarkhan
Newly Registered

immigration health surcharge

Post by nawazyarkhan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the new charges being imposed by the Govt "immigration health surcharge".
Are these applicable to the immigrants & dependants under TIER 1 (General) who are in the UK since March 2011 & June 2011.

Please advise!

Best Regards,
Nawaz Y khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 (General ILR queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Please see the FAQs - English Language Requirement for ILR (click)

Your wife needs English level B1 for ILR and must be from one of the tests on the approved list Here (click). Level A1 will not be accepted for ILR. She also needs Life in the UK Test.

Dependents under 18 are NOT required to do the English test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Re: immigration health surcharge

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:16 pm

nawazyarkhan wrote:Hi All,

I have a question regarding the new charges being imposed by the Govt "immigration health surcharge".
Are these applicable to the immigrants & dependants under TIER 1 (General) who are in the UK since March 2011 & June 2011.

Please advise!

Best Regards,
Nawaz Y khan
Yes, but not applicable for settlement (ILR) applications.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nawazyarkhan
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General ILR queries

Post by nawazyarkhan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:44 pm

CR001 wrote:Please see the FAQs - English Language Requirement for ILR (click)

Your wife needs English level B1 for ILR and must be from one of the tests on the approved list Here (click). Level A1 will not be accepted for ILR. She also needs Life in the UK Test.

Dependents under 18 are NOT required to do the English test.
Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated!
Can you also clarify whether i need to re-take the IELTS having said that i have taken already back in Oct 2010 and used it as a proof of english test requirement.

Best Regards,
Nawaz Y. Khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 (General) ILR queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Have you clicked on and read the link to FAQs I have provided and the links within that page?

See here (click) a case of a recent refusal re English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.