ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of supporting documents and passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alonka
Newly Registered

Return of supporting documents and passport

Post by Alonka » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:52 am

Hello, I wonder if someone has been in a similar situation and is able to answer my question. I have applied for a British citizenship naturalisation on 5th June 2015. Today I have received a Citizenship Invitation letter to book my ceremony. I am still however waiting for my supporting documents and my original passport to be returned. I have been religiously checking Royal mail tracking system for the past half a year to see it they have been posted (I supplied a prepaid self addessed nvelope with my application), but alas. Is that a norm that it takes that long? Or should I now start worrying? Thanksin advance.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Return of supporting documents and passport

Post by fwd079 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:41 pm

If its the ceremony invitation letter from your local council. Then you should wait for your Home Office approval letter. That should come in a day or two, and should have your documents with it.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Alonka
Newly Registered

Post by Alonka » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks for your reply. I received a letter from the HO to book my ceremony which is now booked with a local council. I also received a letter from the council confirming the ceremony date. So should I now be expecting one more letter from the HO, i. e. an Approval Letter containing the documents?

Alonka
Newly Registered

Post by Alonka » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:00 am

Please could someone help. I have already received my approval letter from the Home Office. My citizenship ceremony is booked for next week. I am still however waiting for my passport and supporting documents to be returned. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Do I get them after the ceremony? Or do I need to start panicking and fill in a form on Home Office website and ask to get them returned? Logically I should have received them back as I can't see a reason why they need to keep my documents any longer. Besides my local council advise that I need to bring in some form of a Photo ID. So again this is where I could do with my passport even though I've got another form of an ID for this occasion.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Sorry I was away, hopefully all is sorted by now?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Alonka
Newly Registered

Post by Alonka » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Thanks, I had my citizenship ceremony and then waited for a few more days until I filled my 'Return of documents ' form on UKBA's website. Coincidentally all the documents and my passport arrived the next day after I'd filled in that form. To my only disappointment they came in a plain brown envelope by 2nd class whereas I specifically paid for and supplied a self - addressed 'Do not bend' envelope. One of my original certificates got slightly creased.