ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baaghi
Newly Registered

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

Post by baaghi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi,

I got to know about the new pilot where the passport is applied alongside the naturalisation form in the NCS.

As far as I know 2 councils are doing this pilot as of now. I tried calling both the councils for a complete list of all the councils involved in this pilot but they had no idea.

Surprisingly, the home office helpline number also couldn't provide any info on the list of councils involved in this pilot.

Anybody here knows how many councils are doing this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:13 pm

As far as I am aware, and someone posted the details recently but I can't find the post at the moment, the pilot scheme is for a few NCS in Kent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:33 pm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Thank you :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:18 pm

This is the topic. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 96954.html

It's available at Brent council too. I'm planning to use their service next week.

https://www.brent.gov.uk/your-community ... ng-service

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:41 pm

I have a question about how the payment is taken by the HO when applying for both naturalisation & passport at the same time through thisvnew pilot scheme.

When I submitted my applications today, the NCS advisor said that they are aware of cases where both naturalisation fee and passport fee are taken at the same time. But I was under the impression that the passport fee would only be taken once the naturalisation application was approved & ceremony attended. I'm about to inform my CC company about the fee that will be taken, to avoid the transaction being blocked - but am now unsure as to what amount to mention to them. I.e. just AN fee? Or AN fee + Passport fee.

Appreciate input from those who have applied through this scheme, and have had their payment taken.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Wandsworth council is doing it too but only for appointments on weekdays. On the fee side you have to pay £1005 + £72.50 passport fee plus any NCS fees for the council. The passport fee is not refundable in the event of naturalisation application refusal.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:04 pm

solospy wrote:On the fee side you have to pay £1005 + £72.50 passport fee plus any NCS fees for the council. The passport fee is not refundable in the event of naturalisation application refusal.
Thanks. So in effect the transaction amount that will be taken off my credit card, by the HO (Nationality Directorate) will be £1005+72.50 (£ 1077.50) for a standard size passport?

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Yes

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Thank you.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:01 pm

Thought I'd use this same topic to ask this question, as it's related to the Pilot scheme. Can anyone who applied through this service confirm whether they received a separate acknowledgement letter for the passport application form they submitted, in addition to the one the Home Office send for your AN application?

I received my biometric letter and acknowledgement letter for the AN form today. The fee that was taken was just the AN application fee (not both AN+Passport). So based on this, my assumption would be that the passport application acknowledgement may only be sent later (if they actually do send one out), at the point in time they take the passport fee from my card.

But wanted to find out directly from anyone else who applied using this service, either this month or last month when it commenced.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Just updating this thread with a partial answer to my own question in case it helps anyone else in the future.

My passport fee was taken 5 days after the AN application fee. I didn't receive an acknowledgement letter for this. So assuming they won't be sending one out. Will keep this post updated, in the event I do receive one.

narsii

Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-HO)

Post by narsii » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi ,

I was looking for councils providing the service for applying AN and passport at the same time , and found the information available in the council web sites .

Kent Council : http://www.kent.gov.uk/births-ceremonie ... ng-service
Gloucester Council : http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/glosn ... tychecking
Lancashire Council : http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/births-mar ... rvice.aspx
Southwark Council http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200007 ... ng_service
Brent Council :https://www.brent.gov.uk/your-community ... ng-service ,
Although Brent council doesn't publish much information about the service , I have seen posts from November who applied for both the services from Brent council .

If people can share their experiences and any instructions to be followed while filling the forms ( similar to the details provided by Gloucestershire council while filling the passport application ).

Section 1: For the passport, an adult is from 15 years and six months and they must therefore attend the checking appointment. It is still a minor form for nationality if under 18.

Section 2: Please do not place your mobile number in section two of the passport form, we request this is placed in section 8. This is so you do not have two biometric appointments.

Section 4: Grandparents section is not required.

Section 10: The referee for the passport and nationality form will have to be the same person therefore they must be a professional and a British national.

it would be very much helpful for people like me who wish to use this BETA service and apply for AN & Passport at the same time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:55 pm

narsii wrote:Hi ,

I was looking for councils providing the service for applying AN and passport at the same time , and found the information available in the council web sites .

Kent Council : http://www.kent.gov.uk/births-ceremonie ... ng-service
Gloucester Council : http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/glosn ... tychecking
Lancashire Council : http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/births-mar ... rvice.aspx
Southwark Council http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200007 ... ng_service
Brent Council :https://www.brent.gov.uk/your-community ... ng-service ,
Although Brent council doesn't publish much information about the service , I have seen posts from November who applied for both the services from Brent council .

If people can share their experiences and any instructions to be followed while filling the forms ( similar to the details provided by Gloucestershire council while filling the passport application ).

Section 1: For the passport, an adult is from 15 years and six months and they must therefore attend the checking appointment. It is still a minor form for nationality if under 18.

Section 2: Please do not place your mobile number in section two of the passport form, we request this is placed in section 8. This is so you do not have two biometric appointments.

Section 10: The referee for the passport and nationality form will have to be the same person therefore they must be a professional and a British national.

it would be very much helpful for people like me who wish to use this BETA service and apply for AN & Passport at the same time.
I have merged your post with the topic already started on this subject.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:07 am

narsii wrote:Brent Council :https://www.brent.gov.uk/your-community ... ng-service ,

You appear to have captured the additional information/instructions that Brent council have published on their website with respect to the passport checking service they offer, in your topic above.

The only additional questions and answer I asked/received from them were around what to enter under the naturalisation/registration section of the form as I am not yet a British citizen. They advised to leave that blank. Also the 3 photographs you submit (1 with AN form & with Passport form) should be identical.

You can leave the serial number field blank on the passport payment slip/page, as the NCS assign a different number (not the one that appears on the application form) when they submit the application on your behalf. I initially thought this was an error, but when asked they explained what they did.

The NCS advisor did mention that a lot of people get the order of names wrong (surname first, followed by other names), under the section where you need to fill in your parents details - so double checked mine on the day. So bear that in mind when completing the form. If you follow the instructions on the form, you'll be fine.

They don't offer passport checking appointments on Saturdays, due to limited staff availability over the weekend, and because a longer appointment slot is required when checking both AN and passport applications at the same time.

The staff were quite helpful, and you can always call them in advance of your appointment to get clarifications over the phone, which is what I did.

kahaaf
Newly Registered

Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by kahaaf » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am planning to apply Naturalization, came to know that, we can apply both Naturalization and passport at same time so that we can aviod passport wait time, etc..

Have any one applied above process, if so, what happens to passport interview? do i need to attend passport interview at same time when i apply for naturalization ? if not, is it by-passed?

Do i need to inform register office once the successful of naturalization,

Gurus and Senior members can you please shed some light on this process

Regards,
kahaaf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Only certain councils are offering the service. Where are you based?

Passport interview is a separate process with the passport office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:05 pm

When you apply for both naturalisation and passport together there is no passport interview to attend. The passport come by post soon after you attend your citizenship ceremony

kahaaf
Newly Registered

Post by kahaaf » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi Solospy,

Do i need to inform passport office once the successful of the application ? or its automatically done by HO?

Regards,
kahaaf

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:16 pm

you dont need to inform anybody. It automatically comes after you attend your ceremony.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:56 pm

kahaaf wrote:I am planning to apply Naturalization, came to know that, we can apply both Naturalization and passport at same time so that we can aviod passport wait time, etc..

Have any one applied above process, if so, what happens to passport interview? do i need to attend passport interview at same time when i apply for naturalization ? if not, is it by-passed?

Do i need to inform register office once the successful of naturalization,

Gurus and Senior members can you please shed some light on this process.
You may find the following topic on this subject useful. As already advised there will be no passport interview when applying through this pilot scheme.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98846.html

MeMcMa
Newly Registered

Post by MeMcMa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:17 pm

This is an interesting subject as I recently applied for Naturalisation plus passport using the NCS Cheltenham. I applied on the 2/12/15 and money for Naturalisation and passport was taken out on the 4/12/15 (for naturalisation) then on the 8/12/15 (passport fees).

So waiting to see what happens! :)

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi

Is that works applied for Naturalisation plus passport? Thats great.
But if some one Naturalisation won't successful what go on a happened?
MeMcMa wrote:This is an interesting subject as I recently applied for Naturalisation plus passport using the NCS Cheltenham. I applied on the 2/12/15 and money for Naturalisation and passport was taken out on the 4/12/15 (for naturalisation) then on the 8/12/15 (passport fees).

So waiting to see what happens! :)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:54 am

Rassel wrote: But if some one Naturalisation won't successful what go on a happened?
Your passport application would be only be processed if your naturalisation application is approved, and once you have attended the ceremony. The passport would thereafter be sent to the applicant directly, without an identity interview.

One apparent disadvantage to the scheme appears to be that you would forfeit the passport application fee, in the event your naturalisation application is unsuccessful.

Therefore probably not the best option, if your AN application is not straightforward.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:21 am

Hi guys,

As I have read all posts above so I thought I should share my experience and it will help others. I applied my citizenship & passport application together. Thankfully it was approved, attended ceremony (private), had to call HM passport office in order to find out about passport application and point should be noted here by those who have applied same as me " Lady over the phone gave the different passport ref. no than the one was originally printed on passport application form on very first page under the bar code" she explained, ref. no has been changed since then and use the new one from now on as old one does not exist any more, also she gave me address to post and told me to write down necessary stuff ref. no etc. and surname on right hand side of envelope plus I sent my naturalisation certificate, my current nationality passport, alongside covering letter mentioning about passport application with passport office pending already and postal order for £3 to get my certificate and other important documents through secure delivery before interview. I am still waiting for response from them and will update accordingly. I hope it helps!

Any question will be more than welcome

Hyde