ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prosecuted for fare evasion in 2008

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRapplication80

Prosecuted for fare evasion in 2008

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:10 am

Hi All,

I was charged for fare evasion on a foolish act that I slept on a tube and overran a zone, unfortunately I did not have enough top-up to cover that.

Went to court, was fined, which I paid promptly.

Have declared it on all my application so far as I understood it will be considered spent in 5 years.

Now I am elligible for Naturalization on 18th Dec 2015. Do I still need to declare this offence on my application form?

Many Thanks,

fbutt50

Re: Prosecuted for fare evasion in 2008

Post by fbutt50 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:14 am

It's spent now no need to worry :wink:
*The gravity*

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:22 am

Thank for the prompt response :)

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:23 am

fbutt50 wrote:It's spent now no need to worry :wink:
it wont have any impact but still it needs to be declared on the application form

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:25 am

Ok so I still need to declare it. I think that can definitely create some bias around applicant. No?

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:29 am

ILRapplication80 wrote:Ok so I still need to declare it. I think that can definitely create some bias around applicant. No?

q 11 and q12

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 36725.html

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks understood.
david1955 wrote:
ILRapplication80 wrote:Ok so I still need to declare it. I think that can definitely create some bias around applicant. No?

q 11 and q12

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 36725.html

ILRapplication80

PCN and British Nationality

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Respected Senior members / Moderators,

I am in making an application for my British Nationality.

I have been driving my car for just over 2 years now and have unfortunately got 3 back-to-back PCN from councils in recent months only.

Do we need to declare all the PCNs on the application forum. I have heard / read such mixed reviews - some say no need to .. some say yes declare.

How will the 3 PCN impact my application :(

As you all know - no one does offence on purpose :(

1) Parked a car in paid parking space at around 8:30 PM and found out that it was only free after 9:30 PM - don't know why I didn't read that correctly

2) There were bunch of white parking boxes on a road. There was a gap in the middle of which was suppose to be only offloading vehicles- There was no signage on the road but was marked by double yellow lines which unfortunately I did not notice. There was cars parked by line and when I saw the gap / empty space I excitedly parked in the spot :(

3) Was being extra nice and went to drop a friend home. It was around 2:30 AM in the night so didn't want him taking taxi/cab. Was dropping him off in front of his building door but wasn't aware that I have entered into the Pedestrian Zone by mistake. Ofcourse the zone was totally empty at this time of night.

There was a sign on the road as attached - to be honest never seen anything more complication and really thought the no-drive is restricted to the time specified on the board. You can see for yourself :( .. anyone driving could have been easily confused.
Attachments
Pedestrian Zonejpg.jpg
Pedestrian Zonejpg.jpg (48.51 KiB) Viewed 1957 times

rsa707
Newly Registered

Re: PCN and British Nationality

Post by rsa707 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:54 am

I don't think it will impact ur application. Make sure you don't get another one. I had two PCN and declared it in extra info page. Even NCS guy took copy of first page of PCN and attached to form which I think was unnecessary. My application approved within normal 6 month, As you can provide pcn number and date. Home office will get all information in any case. Better to disclose rather later being punished for being deceptive.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:22 am

OK I see. Many Thanks for the advice

But I don't see why Home Office guidance does not explicitly state declaring any PCNs - all they have requested is to declare all Fixed Penalty Notices.

Does home office have access to all the Council Data as well?

I will love to here back from the senior member and moderators on their opinion as well - based on their past experiences.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:53 am

PCN is a civil matter and no requirement from HO to declare PCN hence no need to declare.
You are ok not to worry. :wink:
*The gravity*

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Thanks that is why I am confused - I keep getting different opinions all the time.
fbutt50 wrote:PCN is a civil matter and no requirement from HO to declare PCN hence no need to declare.
You are ok not to worry. :wink:

presido007

Post by presido007 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:20 pm

I had two PCN and did not declare them and I still got my approval last week. This should not have any impact on the decision of your application if you declared PCN or not.

Good luck!

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:04 pm

AN Guide, Page 9
SECTION 3: GOOD CHARACTER
3.1 – 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices.

I would say declare then on last page, no harm in it.

Thanks
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (41.95 KiB) Viewed 1641 times

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:37 pm

No point to declare Pcn because Pcn don't come under criminal justice. So plz stop being silly. :evil:
*The gravity*

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:11 pm

fbutt50 wrote:No point to declare Pcn because Pcn don't come under criminal justice. So plz stop being silly. :evil:
This is how you reply on someone's comments??

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:16 pm

No offence bruv. I did not mean to disrespect ur opinion.
*The gravity*

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:31 pm

mrehanashraf wrote:
fbutt50 wrote:No point to declare Pcn because Pcn don't come under criminal justice. So plz stop being silly. :evil:
Personally, I would declare the PCN and play on the safe side.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:45 pm

hmm ... I think I will go ahead and declare it in the last section then.

Worst come worse they will reject my application which I will have an option to put forward for re-consideration.

The guidance is very unclear - and they might end putting up a case of deception against me for hiding facts and that as everyone know only means one thing .. a 10 year ban.

I understand people might have been fine applying for nationality and not declaring it - but I guess it is more onto each case worker than the policy guidance.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi Casa

Would you please let me know

30/11/15 got a PCN, when pickup my kids form school.
did pay £50 on next day. As far i know its normal if you pay in time. No PCN rcv past 1 year.
My application in reconsideration Q still pending, what you suggest, shall l i need inform H/O?
How to inform them? Via email or post?

Casa wrote:
mrehanashraf wrote:
Personally, I would declare the PCN and play on the safe side.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:00 pm

i believe best option will be to inform them to be on safe side and do it via registered post

[quote="Rassel"]Hi Casa

Would you please let me know

30/11/15 got a PCN, when pickup my kids form school.
did pay £50 on next day. As far i know its normal if you pay in time. No PCN rcv past 1 year.
My application in reconsideration Q still pending, what you suggest, shall l i need inform H/O?
How to inform them? Via email or post?

ILRapplication80

Time spent outside UK

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi All,

When I applied for my ILR - I took a letter from my employer (now-ex) to detailed the dates and time spent outside UK on their letter head.

My question is can I use the same letter again to cover the period from 2008-2014? or I will need to get a new letter again with the new date.

Also, will it be ok to detail my 2015 holidays on a cover letter by myself? along with that employer letter that covers the period till 2014.

Many Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Time spent outside UK

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:25 pm

ILRapplication80 wrote:Hi All,

When I applied for my ILR - I took a letter from my employer (now-ex) to detailed the dates and time spent outside UK on their letter head.

My question is can I use the same letter again to cover the period from 2008-2014? or I will need to get a new letter again with the new date.

Also, will it be ok to detail my 2015 holidays on a cover letter by myself? along with that employer letter that covers the period till 2014.

Many Thanks
Why do require this letter? There does not appear to be anything in the AN form guidance, which indicates that you are required to submit employer letters to confirm absences for your Naturalisation application. Just list the absences on the relevant page in the AN form.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Thanks alot for the prompt response sir. As it was a requirement for making an ILR application - I thought it will be the same for Naturalization application as well.

If not the case then I will just do the dates. Just to confirm we don't need to provide anything to evidence the absence like air tickets / boaring passes or for the matter of fact this employer letter then?

s[/quote] Why do require this letter? There does not appear to be anything in the AN form guidance, which indicates that you are required to submit employer letters to confirm absences for your Naturalisation application. Just list the absences on the relevant page in the AN form.[/quote]

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Citizenship is not the next step in the immigration process.

It is granted by a different team in the Home Office, under a different law and has different rules and requirements. Do not assume that it is like the previous applications that you have filed. Make sure that you read the requirements carefully and meet them.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.