ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applied for ilr waiting....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

was

applied for ilr waiting....

Post by was » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:32 am

Hi
I applied for ilr on 5oct ( 4 yrs wp and 1 yr hsmp). i send my application through solicitor, but HO refused to give decision sameday because they say one of my file is not on their records. They kept my application and said they will post it back.

Entered uk in sep 2002 on 4 yrs wp. then i had hsmp valid till oct 2008.
my absenses are 404 of which half of them on business visits. on one occation i was out of the country for more than 3 months on business visit.

Iam eagerly waiting for outcome. I would like to know from senior members and others how long it takes and how are my chances of gettiing an approval.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:25 am

I think they are going to have nice hard think on your 404 absences despie it being partially due to business reasons so sit tight.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:34 am

Was,
No one will be able to tell you what your chances of success will be.
You have a big problem with the amount of time spent outside the country and I guess that is the reason for the hold up.
HO are entitled to refuse your ILR, on basis that you have exceeded your max allowed absent out of the UK.

kariarxy

Re: applied for ilr waiting....

Post by kariarxy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:13 pm

was wrote:Hi
I applied for ilr on 5oct ( 4 yrs wp and 1 yr hsmp). i send my application through solicitor, but HO refused to give decision sameday because they say one of my file is not on their records. They kept my application and said they will post it back.

my absenses are 404 of which half of them on business visits. on one occation i was out of the country for more than 3 months on business visit.

Iam eagerly waiting for outcome. I would like to know from senior members and others how long it takes and how are my chances of gettiing an approval.

It is hard to say, but if they want to refuse you, they can do it at the same day or shortly (I mean 5 Oct), I wish you can succeed. Good luck.

was

Re: applied for ilr waiting....

Post by was » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:25 am

kariarxy wrote:
was wrote:Hi

thanks kariarxy for ur support
i called HO on 24/10/2006 and enquired about my progress. I was told that my application is still not assigned to caseworker. Iam really desperate to know how long it takes and if any one has any experience about this plz share. cheers

guly3

What happened

Post by guly3 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Hey,

Did you find out what happened with your application. I have a similar case and am looking to find the details.

Thanks
Gul

was

Re: What happened

Post by was » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:51 pm

guly3 wrote:Hey,

Did you find out what happened with your application. I have a similar case and am looking to find the details.

Thanks
Gul

Hi guly
i called HO today and was informed that it was still in consideration. well when did u apply and how is ur status

kariarxy

Post by kariarxy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:07 pm

hi, was, u said HO doesnt have your record in their system, what records? have u ever used subject access request (SAR) to check the information that HO holds about u?

was

Post by was » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:00 am

kariarxy wrote:hi, was, u said HO doesnt have your record in their system, what records? have u ever used subject access request (SAR) to check the information that HO holds about u?
hi kariaxy
i did not used SAR to check information. when my solicitor took my applicaiton for premium service the person who cheks the record before going to case worker has said that they did not have specific record and they cannot give the decision sameday and he adviced to post it or leave the application and they will post it back. Now its 4 weeks and iam concerned. If any one has any information about how long it takes do suggest me. I specially request the senior members of forum to give their thoughts on my case as its been 4 weeks already.

cheers

kariarxy

Post by kariarxy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:00 am

was wrote:
kariarxy wrote:hi, was, u said HO doesnt have your record in their system, what records? have u ever used subject access request (SAR) to check the information that HO holds about u?
hi kariaxy
i did not used SAR to check information. when my solicitor took my applicaiton for premium service the person who cheks the record before going to case worker has said that they did not have specific record and they cannot give the decision sameday and he adviced to post it or leave the application and they will post it back. Now its 4 weeks and iam concerned. If any one has any information about how long it takes do suggest me. I specially request the senior members of forum to give their thoughts on my case as its been 4 weeks already.

cheers

This is really unreasonable for you, coz they should have your records in their computers. I remember somebody called Jaas in this forum has the similar experience as you, but I dont know the results of his ILR application as he did not posted it out. Maybe u can ask him about his experience.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:06 pm

If you go in person they will not bother to get your old records, which is why all complex cases should be applied for by post.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

was

Post by was » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:33 am

VictoriaS wrote:If you go in person they will not bother to get your old records, which is why all complex cases should be applied for by post.

Victoria
Hi victoria

Now its nearly 5 weeks and i dint heard anything from HO. i called HO yesterday and they said its still waiting consideration. Usually how much time they take to give decision and is my applicaiton delayed because of my 404 days of absences. I had a letter from my company stating that i was absenent for companys work. from ur vast experience how are my chances of getting approval.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:14 am

5 weeks isn't a lot of time, especially for non straightforward cases. You really need to stay calm.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:56 am

was wrote: from ur vast experience how are my chances of getting approval.
I don't have enough info to give an opinion.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

was

Post by was » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:16 am

VictoriaS wrote:
was wrote: from ur vast experience how are my chances of getting approval.
I don't have enough info to give an opinion.

Victoria
dear victoria
its almost 6 weeks and i didnt heard anything from HO. I applied for ILR and i have many absenses (404) of which half of them are for business purpose and on one occassion i was absent for more then 3 months(98days) i applied on basis of wp and hsmp.

With ur vast experience can u plz tell me how long it takes for HO to process my application if they need to use descretion. iam very much concerned.

cheers

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:59 pm

There is no way of knowing I'm afraid.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

was

Post by was » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:12 am

VictoriaS wrote:There is no way of knowing I'm afraid.

Victoria
Dear victoria

thanks for ur reply. I would like to know if the application is delayed, is it heading for refusal. Generally how many weeks it takes to process the ILR application (Postal).

cheers

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:07 am

was wrote:
VictoriaS wrote:There is no way of knowing I'm afraid.

Victoria
Dear victoria

thanks for ur reply. I would like to know if the application is delayed, is it heading for refusal. Generally how many weeks it takes to process the ILR application (Postal).

cheers
Why dont' you call them, you are just asking us to speculate