ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question re: Visa renwal and salaray

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bazbazbaz
Newly Registered
Canada

Question re: Visa renwal and salaray

Post by bazbazbaz » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:34 pm

I have permission to stay under Tier 2 (General) until April 2016.

I want to stay on the same job with the same employer therefore I want them to apply to renew my visa.

I am here under SOC 2137 “Web design and development professionals”

When I first came to the UK on this visa, my rate of pay was 25200 for an “experienced” worker.

Now the rate of pay for an experienced worker on that same code is now 23400 not 25200.

Will my employer have to reduce my pay or do a new RMLT if we apply to have my visa extended?

It would be pretty sucky to get a salary decrease just for renewing my visa.

Reference:
Sponsorship: codes of practice for skilled workers (April 2015).
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

Thanks

srsw

Re: Question re: Visa renwal and salaray

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:43 pm

Will my employer have to reduce my pay
No
Will my employer have do a new RMLT if we apply to have my visa extended?
No

Your employer must assign CoS and confirm that you are still required for that job.

bazbazbaz
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by bazbazbaz » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:57 am

Ok. So what is the process, does my employer apply for the visa extension, and then I apply through gov.uk?

Where did you get the information that my employer does not have to reduce my pay?

Thanks

domino15
Newly Registered

Post by domino15 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:45 am

bazbazbaz wrote:Ok. So what is the process, does my employer apply for the visa extension, and then I apply through gov.uk?

Where did you get the information that my employer does not have to reduce my pay?

Thanks
The information can be obtained from the latest guidelines for tier 2 visa applications. The salary mentioned in Codes of Practice is the minimum salary requirement. UKBA is not concerned with how much more you are earning. They are only concerned if you are earning less then mentioned in Codes of Practice.

Your employer will only issue you the new COS, while issuing COS he will asked whether it is a category switching or extension application. Once you have been provided with the COS no by your employer, you can go online and apply for Tier 2 application and provide that COS no.

Thanks
Thanks